Sandlot layouts
31 July 2014
I really adored this month's kits.Sandlot is my fave kit since I joined Studio Calico last December, and that's saying a lot since there have been some gorgeous ones this year. Unfortunately, they didn't arrive in time for me to do more than 2 layouts due to time constraints but I'm really happy with the 2 I managed to eke out. I believe most of the add-on kits are sold out, but the main Sandlot kit is still available, and it is one I think you should definitely consider getting if you're still not a subber. Those acrylic red letters, the stamp, and the wood veneer numbers are just so good! Here's a main only page, using those 3 faves from the kit:
The CT decided to do a member lift for August, and I knew right off the bat that I wanted to lift Ginny. I LOVE her work. She's innovative, always inspiring, and just an amazing scrapbooker, not to mention a super sweet gal. I lifted her page Shhhh, which has so much impact with that adorable photo printed big. I envy her talent of embellishing a page so effortlessly- it always looks just right! I remember being obsessed with the dangling tag detail when I saw this layout, so I used that as my jumping off point along with the large photo, and just took it from there. Love how this one turned out, even though it doesn't much look like Ginny's page... that's the beauty of a scraplift, isn't it? Thank you Ginny for the inspiration and for sharing your talent at Studio Calico. :)
Ginny's layout:
And my layout, which I turned into a 2 pager, to accommodate more journaling:
Things I bought this month:
I sub to the Project Life kit even though I don't do PL, I love, love that kit for all the beautiful embellishments and exclusives. I see this month's kit has another design of the dot washi that I was so crazy about from last month's kits. So good.
Ali Edwards Summer journal cards: I love the beautiful simplicity of these cards, and envision using them on a layout or 2.
Maggie Alpha : A 2 in one stamp set. Similar to the font of last month's main kit veneer alpha, and super cool. Sold out now, but will hopefully be restocked.
Ok, off to clean up, my new housekeeper is coming in the am, hooray!




0 comments:
Post a Comment