Shanna's blog hop

 08 September 2014

Happy September! ( a little late...)

I was graciously tagged by Pam Baldwin  & Barbara Pichnich (aka Babz- doncha love that nickname?!) to take part in Shanna's bloghop that is currently making the rounds.
They asked me to choose 3 of my favourite scrappers, and let me tell ya, that's not an easy task. I have MANY- and it so happens that the 2 ladies who tagged me are among my current faves. More about that down below.

Here's the Q&A I was sent:

 1. What am I working on right now?

I'm presently working on finishing up my layouts for 2 Studio Calico classes that are happening this month: Pen and Paper, taught by the incredible Laura Kurz, and 30 Days of Me, with Maggie Holmes. And trying to get a grip on my workspace and the seemingly endless purge.

2. How long does it take me to create a project?

Ugh. This is something I struggle with. Most of the time, I am content to take a VERRRRRY long time to make a page. I like to let things sit, look at them, move stuff around. The word putzing comes to mind.It annoys me, but that's how I am. On the other hand, I am super efficient when it comes to deadlines ( aka NO CHOICE BUT TO GLUE IT DOWN) and I have made some of my favourite pages because I haven't had the time option. ;

 3. What are my favorite things to create with at the moment?

I'm loving sequins, the SC kit stamps & always wood veneer. I still really adore gold,( the Poet Society kit this month has an INCREDIBLE gold letterpressed one) paired with navy or grey for fall,  or any colour really. Big photos, hipster text overlays on photos, and vsco inspired photography. Think Kinfolk style. Getting into deeper, richer colour schemes for fall.

4. How does my creative process work?
I don't really have any set way of creating. I don't sketch. I am very visual for sure. I love Pinterest and magazines for inspiration.  Canadian decor mags are a great source of colour inspo for me. Often it's something like a font or a quote or an emotion. I just go with my gut. I never have a plan when I sit down, so I never know what will come out of it. Sometimes something good, sometimes nothing. 

        
5. How do I become inspired and stay inspired?
It comes and goes in waves for me. Right now, I'm not feeling too terribly creative, so when that happens, I get rid of stuff. I become easily overwhelmed with too much ( my minimalist nature rearing it's head) and I need to pare down. Doing a big purge seems to help inspire me and get's me excited about supplies I find when I clean up.  I'm a great believer in paying it forward and go through my things on a regular basis to give away. 

 6. What is my signature style?
Minimal, clean, white space, no fuss. I'm happy with a page with almost nothing on it. I like to create a mood with text and or images, I'm not a fan of over-embellishing for my own pages, although I envy others who do it well.

I'm tagging these 3 lovely women, who I think are phenomenal.

Erica

Jamaica

Laura

And thanks Pam and Babz!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!