My Office Hour layouts
28 February 2014
Studio Calico's Office Hours kits go on sale today, and they are gorgeous. If you're craving spring like I am, these kits are full of fresh, bright colours & beautiful embellishments. I am mad at myself for not getting more done, but I have a few layouts on the go and will share them here this month once they're finished. I have more ideas than time, and that is completely frustrating sometimes. ;)
Here's 2 pages I made with the main kit:
and my two layouts done with the add-ons:
I have a real soft spot for this page. I've hoarded this photo of myself for years, waiting for inspiration to strike. When I saw those MME stickers in the kit, that were a perfect colour match to my cute sailor outfit in the photo I knew it was perfect timing. ;) This one uses Coffee Break & To Do, and I really love how it turned out.
My son went on a big trip a few summers ago, and I knew when I saw the RAD die cut title that I was going to use this pic of him ( he's in the background in the photo) during his week at Scout Camp in Ontario, which was actually called ADVENTURE camp. I wanted to make this one colourful and fun to play up the youthfulness in the photo and I was inspired by SC member Ginny to get out my typewriter to journal. I have an old one that was given to me by a friend- the roller diesn't really work properly, and I have to turn it by had when I type, so this came out messy and spaced incorrectly. Also, major typos when I type! I decided I loved the look of the messy journaling, ( and was too lazy to retype, LOL) so I left it as is, and strangely enough, it doesn't bother me in the least! ( am I having a breakthrough?!) I used bits from 2 add-ons here: Coffee break, & Rolodex. As I mentioned, I have much more I want to do with these kits and I need to carve out some time on the weekend to use up the leftovers.
If you're a subscriber, the BEST perk is being able to bundle your orders until tomorrow night ( end of the month). There are lots of pretty things in the shop to tempt!!
Happy Shopping. ;)




3 comments:
I love all of these very much : ) I want to subscribe in the worst way, but so many other things that take money get in the way :/ Sigh. One of these days, maybe.
Elizabeth, I hope you are still scrapbooking, I miss seeing your beautiful pages!
Oh my goodness---amazing! these are so gorgeous, Mel! I love that you used the photo of your childhood self. Your style is amazing. I am so happy to see your work spotlighted on SC--so well deserved. Even better than being a GG! ;) (Remember those days?)
Post a Comment