A wee sneak, and Lisa's awesome colour theory class
25 February 2014
I used to make layouts with a lot of colour , the brighter, the better. I was a big fan of matching different neon-ish shades of cardstock with little strips of patterned paper, like this:
Then something switched in my brain and I started making pages with less colour, more white, and less STUFF. I think it was the result of DT overload, (even though these are technically "minimal", simple pages, they're much busier than the pages I tend to do now) and I needed to just make really simple layouts after my years of being on design teams and having to use said stuff. I still really love these pages, don't get me wrong. I've just gotten away from that look, and am now comfortably used to my white cardstock. If I had to pick only one product to scrapbook with for the rest of eternity, it would be white cardstock, hands down. So when I opened up this month's Studio Calico scrapbook kit, Office Hours, (available February 27th) and saw the luscious bright pink cardstock ( one that I already had several sheets of in my stash, go figure) I knew I had to use it on my layouts, if only in tinier quantities. Here's a sneak of a page I did for March's gallery, and I felt like I'd gone back to my roots. :) Had lots of fun with this page.
Anyways, this brings me to the Colour Studio class, coming up on March 1st at SC. If you're on the fence about using colour in your layouts, unsure of your colour choices when you scrapbook, or just want to jazz up your pages with a bit of pop, then this class should do it for you. Here's the details:
BY ENROLLING IN THIS CLASS YOU'LL RECEIVE :
- 4 videos from Lisa sharing color & design ideas
- 8 secrets for unlocking the color wheel and tips for using color effectively on your projects
- 56 perfect color schemes
- technique tutorials for adding color to your pages with ink, mist, watercolors, patterned paper and embellishments.
- PDF lessons posted each Tuesday & Thursday in March
- 40 all new projects, including layouts, Project Life® spreads and cards
- bonus color schemes in every PDF
WHAT YOU'LL NEED :
- Your favorite Studio Calico kits or products from your stash
- Ink, Mister Huey's Color Mists and watercolors in your favorite hues
- Patterned paper, alphabets and embellishments in a rainbow of colors.
- Neutral papers in various styles that you can add color to - we recommend SC Grid paper, vellum and watercolour paper
BONUS DIGITAL FILES:
- Printable journal cards, accents and labels from Hello Forever
- Cut Files from Hello Forever
- Color Studio planning sheet from Hello Forever
- Ink planning sheet from Hello Forever
This class is sure to kickstart your creativity, and colour = happy, which I think is very timely at this point in a VERY long, cold, and gray winter. I know I'm craving it bigtime.
Hope to see you in class!







1 comments:
That sneak looks great! I can't wait to see the full DT gallery. Are contributing to the class? I saw that Catherine Davis was. Still on the fence about the class. It's soon time to come off it!
Post a Comment