My Copper Mountain layouts

 27 December 2013

The gallery at Studio Calico is now live, and you can see all the awesomeness that the DT has created with these gorgeous kits. I mean, really... I can't even believe that I'm a part of it. I could see the pages being added this past week and was like 'WOW. Why didn't I think of that?!' Seriously a talented team.
I'm not a big horn tooter. In fact, I think I'd rather curl up in a corner than have to wax on about myself and my work, so I'm going to make this short and sweet, and feel free to shoot me any questions you may have!

Here's the first 2  pages I made, using only the main Copper Mountain kit:

I can't even tell you how great it is when you see a kit in person and know automatically that you have photos that will work perfectly. I love how the woodgrain & the inky blue from the kit were an ideal match for what my son is wearing in these pics- total fluke, I tell you. I'm very partial to pages like this. And I love these photos taken of him last week. Love him. Such a great boy.



This is also a main kit only layout, and turned out to be my fave of the month. I was kind of giddy when I saw that veneer die cut, and I knew I wanted to fill it with a few pics and paper. I took my cue for this layout from the 'HOME' die cut circle and just built on it from there. I also fell in mad love with the October Afternoon feather paper and ended up using it on 2 layouts by fussy cutting them and using them as an embellishment on the page. I always fidget with adding and subtracting when I make a layout, it's almost like a game of chess.  I knew when I added the house (cut from one of the papers in the kit) that I was done my page. I decided to add the tiny title there, and I was completely happy with it.




I had this cookbook photo printed out for my DD, but after an extremely tiring week with my new job, I came home on Friday to a house that seriously looked like a bomb went off. And I'm not even kidding. I wanted to cry. So when I found this pic while looking through my photos, I found it too ironic not to scrapbook about how I am SO not a Martha (even though I didn't journal about my terrible housekeeping skills. ;) even though deep down, I still adore her. This page uses the High Point  add-on along with the main kit- that striped paper is also so beautifully colourful!



This is probably the simplest page I made this month, but I really adore it. The gold letters in the Fremont Glades add-on were pretty much my fave thing in all the kits. They're a beautifully burnished, old gold colour and so, so pretty. The stamp is from the High Point add-on, and is really fun to use with the bullet numbers & cute cameras.
And then, there's those feathers again. :) Also, once again professed my obsession with sequins here by sprinkling a few throughout the page.



I did this quickie layout this morning ( Boxing Day) in my pjs,  and it came together in about 20 minutes, which is super fast for me, as I usually take forever and a day. I had printed my photo to an 8x10, back it with that beautiful woodgrain paper from the main, and then basically just embellished my photo with the 'cheers' cork diecut from the Slingshot kit, and used the banner tag from Fremont Glades as a little subititle.


Thanks for taking a peek! I can breathe easier now that this one's under my belt. :)



3 comments:

Elizabeth December 28, 2013 at 9:11 PM  

I am very, very glad that I can have a Melanie page fix every month this year ; )

Unknown January 24, 2014 at 10:30 PM  

And I am very, very glad that at least one person is reading my blog. ;) xo

Heather M. February 7, 2014 at 7:00 PM  

I love that resolutions layout! You go girl!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!