On a mission

 13 July 2011

My youngest is away at camp this week, my furniture arrived last week ( gorgeous!) but I wasn't ready.. and after spending/wasting time on Pinterest, I'm going to put those ideas to work getting my dining room set up done. It's incredible how much more time I feel I have since the littlest is gone, not that I don't miss him terribly. I'm sure he's having the time of his young life.
I've decided to paint the one wall  (where the credenza is) a nice taupey dark grey. Shouldn't take me more than a few hours, and if I hate it, I can always paint over it. So I'm off to Home Depot in search of that perfect colour, and hoping it will all be done by tomorrow if I can get it in gear. It's a hot, beautiful day, so I may just blow it off and head to the pool with the big one!

Here's a layout I did this weekend of him.... simple, simple, simple. But I love it. :)

10 comments:

Monica McNeill July 13, 2011 at 2:18 PM  

Good luck with your painting! Love the layout :)

S_U_F_69 July 13, 2011 at 4:22 PM  

Nice layout! Love the frame and the paper.

I think grey will look wonderful together with your scandinavian(?) furnitures. Different shades of grey is a favourite in mye house too.

Unknown July 13, 2011 at 9:03 PM  

Thanks ladies! So far, it doesn't look as dark as I thought. I was having major angst after I got home. I think it will grow on me. :)

sharon July 14, 2011 at 12:04 AM  

can't wait to see the wall and its new furniture...and don't kids grow fast...is it scary being the mother of a big teenager?!

ps the grey being lighter could be a good thing.

Diane July 14, 2011 at 9:16 AM  

Ah you do simple so bloody well :) And kids growing up...mine is heading to an island in tropical Queensland to work for 4 months :(

Heather M. July 14, 2011 at 11:05 PM  

what a wonderful layout and such great journaling.

hope the painting went well! i'd love to see some pics!

Unknown July 24, 2011 at 12:17 AM  

Such a gorgeous layout. Love the journaling. Can't believe how much has grown! Mustache? Too cute!

betsy (pharmgirl) August 2, 2011 at 7:16 PM  

oh Mel! I'm so happy to jump on your blog again - wonderful layout! Just perfect. And those photos below - unbelievable! I think he looks just like you!

Agata August 19, 2011 at 6:38 PM  

My boy is only 4 1/2 but sometimes I see like a glimpse of him in a few years and I think, boy, he will grow up much too soon for my taste... Great layout!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!