This is June?
13 June 2011
I woke up this morning to a temperature of 12 C, and rain.... it's hard to believe that last week it was 32C and we were sweltering in the heat.! I'm not sure which is the lesser of 2 evils, but I think I actually prefer the heat and sun to this. This is kind of depressing for mid-June.
My leg is slowly getting better. I went to Physio a few times last week, and the girl I saw was amazing. She diagnosed me with a bad hamstring AND calf muscle pull. I am pretty sure just one of those would be painful, but the combination is pretty agonizing. I've been working on some exercises, and combined with the torture massages she's given me, it seems to be working. She did warn me it will take weeks for it to get back to normal, but right now, I'm just happy that I can actually walk again. I had an MRI done on my knee last week, just to make sure there's nothing wrong there, but I won't have those results until Wednesday.
And my son's leg was a minor thing- seeing as he's not old and decrepit like his Mom, he has healed up fast and is back to normal. ;p
I got an email yesterday that completely made my day. A few of my Aussie friends have gotten together to form this group, and it makes me very happy to go over there and see some beautiful clean pages. No frou-frou, no misting, no excess of product... just simple, well designed layouts that highlight photos and a story, which to me is really the basis of it all. In honour of their little group, I will leave you with a layout I did last week about my Father. It's not rosy, and there is not a lot of product on it, but I think it's one of my most favourite layouts in a long time, because it's a really honest account of how things are.
Please head on over to their blog and check out their beautiful work!

9 comments:
Wow Mel,c'est le texte qui fait toute la différence...c'est vraiment touchant!
hehe!
your "no misting" comment made me smile out loud. i am not a mister by trade...it scares me. ;)
wait...laugh out loud. not smile out loud. but an out loud smile does sound pretty fun!
What a beautiful page and such heartfelt journalling Mel. It know how it feels to write what is in the heart down on paper xxxx
And thanks for you support...glad we made you day :)
mel, that layout is just gorgeous. thanks for sharing your honest feeling and thoughts with us. i can't imagine how hard it must be to watch your dad go through this.
i'm glad your leg is slowly getting better. i hope it continues to heal well and completely. hang in there!
Adore this page...probably the most genuine, honest scrap page I've seen in a long time. Brilliant.
So nice to see you are back Mel, lots of things going on your way. It has been a long time since I blogged too. Love the page, and treasure the story. Of course the SAG girls would ask you to visit. They love your work as do I. They are doing a great job aren't they? And did you ever find your ring?
A story, a picture, some paper... And it's just perfect! Maybe I'll be able to make a layout about what's going on with my Mom one day, it probably only do me some good but I'm not ready yet...
A beautiful layout that makes me think ...
Post a Comment