1-1-11

 01 January 2011

I thought I'd pop in with a quickie blog post today, just because I wanted to use that cool date as a title... :D

I'm not going to do a big recap of my year or wax poetically on  2010... the thought of that is way too overwhelming right now for the amount of sleep I've had in the past 24 hours, and while I don't want to write off the entire year as being a bad one, let's just say that I'm hoping 2011 will be a less stressful one for my family. I have some goals and aspirations in mind, as we all do at this time of year, and I hope that I'll have enough willpower and presence of mind to push myself to attain them... I need to kick myself in the butt and just DO!

I'll leave you with a layout I did this past week, inspired by a few Pioneer Woman tweets that were hilarious about how she was going to celebrate the last year of the decade... but then realized that this past year WAS the last decade. LOL. That made me realize that indeed 10 years had passed since my son was born,( remember the big hoopla about Y2K babies? :D) and this layout came about. I don't do 12x12 layouts very often, but after I couldn't get my photos to fit on an 8x11 (and doing a 2 page spread was more than I had time for) it worked out perfectly. It totally freaks me out that the sweet tiny baby in the upper right corner is now the big kid in hockey gear.And also that I'm 10 years older as well. ;p



Wishing all of you the very best in 2011, may it be a year of health, happiness and peace of mind!
xoxox

5 comments:

Anonymous,  January 1, 2011 at 2:57 PM  

I do remember all the hoopla over the Y2K business and I had my own Y2K baby - who grew a decade too quickly for my liking, too! Enjoy all the goodness new year has to bring and post when you can. Even a little makes my day brighter!

alexandra s.m. January 1, 2011 at 11:43 PM  

What a great page!
Happy New Year Melanie!!

Anonymous,  January 3, 2011 at 12:33 AM  

I completely forgot about the 1-1-11 thing and I hadn't realize that a decade was already over... Love your page Mel! The pictures that you chose are very revealing of who he has become. I sure hope that this year will be more calmer regarding family issues.

Barb January 4, 2011 at 12:36 PM  

I love your LO... and being the mom of a Y2K baby, I just might have to steal this idea from you, design and all. ;)

Happy New Year, Mel! <3

Unknown January 5, 2011 at 10:58 AM  

Aw. Love it. Love the layout so much. Love how Noah pretty much looks like his baby self. Hasn't changed much in the cuteness department. And Bobby hasn't either! :) That cute face in the tub? He was doing that last summer. And you had a blonde streak in your hair.

Maybe I need to be making one of these for my own decade old baby.

Miss you! Happy New Year! XOXO!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!