When life gets in the way of fun stuff.

 29 December 2010

So how was your Christmas? :)
I got totally blindsided this year. Everything seemed to be going along swimmingly until around mid-month, when I got a call telling me my Dad was going to have to be moved again, thanks to the lovely government system we have here. One week before Christmas! It was a major bummer for him, and for us too, as he's farther away and it's more difficult for us to get there. Lots of adjustment and adapting to do. After getting him settled in somewhat, things just turned into one big blur, and the DD got put on the back burner once again. I have all photos downloaded and journaling to go along with, but alas, time has been short and I haven't had time to work on it at all since then. If you're not averse to seeing Christmas stuff in February, I'll be posting it here as I get it done. It will be simple with a capitol 'S', but I'm determined to finish it, and for once have a completed album to look back on next year. I'm so tired of having unfinished projects laying around!


 One of my other Christmas projects these past few weeks was to make Noah the sock monkey he's been asking for for a few years now. I bought the original 'sock monkey' socks on e Bay in the fall, after not being able to find them anywhere here- I'm glad I did, because he turned out adorable, and quite like the monkeys you see all over now. The boy adores him, and says he was his favourite present, so that made me feel pretty great. I of course had to do a quick layout about the monkey, since I'm pretty proud he got done at all... sewing is definitely not one of my skills, and I now know why thimbles were invented, after pricking myself about 1,000 times during the process.






Wishing all of you a happy, healthy and peaceful 2011~
Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Anonymous,  December 29, 2010 at 8:37 PM  

Love reading your catch up. So sorry about your dad, that does stink but I don't think some systems give much attention to time of year or convenience. The sock monkey is FABULOUS!! What a great idea and so nice your boy is so happy with it. I for one vote for seeing your DD anytime it's done :) Keep well!

Elizabeth December 29, 2010 at 11:22 PM  

I'm sorry to hear about your dad's move, Mel : ( Doesn't make much sense to move him farther from family...

I love your sock monkey--we have a big sock monkey fan club in our house. And, if you ever need more socks, they have them right at Hobby Lobby and I go past that way multiple times in a month!

Jody December 30, 2010 at 11:01 AM  

Sorry to hear about your dad, Mel.
The sock monkey and the layout are just fabulous! :)

Barb December 30, 2010 at 2:24 PM  

Hi Mel, I'm glad you found a moment to catch your breath and post an update here. I hope your Christmas went well, despite the feeling of "aaaaack! I'm not ready." I know mine did. Funny how the kids don't mind when we just roll with it and things aren't quite the way I'd planned... I hope you experienced some of the same at your place.

Thinking of you and your family... especially your dad. I hope he's settling in okay.

And the DD posts in February - I might try to do mine around the same time. I have photos and journalling too. Just no time to actually DO the album. *sigh*

(One last thing... that monkey rocks! :))

nicole s January 1, 2011 at 12:13 AM  

Hey there, Merry Christmas. Sad about your poor Dad having to move again. That sock monkey is so so cute - I love when the simple non-expensive non electronic, non high tech gift is the favourite. That's how it should be with kids. Happy New year to you all. xx

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!