December Daily, Days 6 & 7

 12 December 2010

Ahh.. it's Sunday morning and the snow is falling quietly. I'm sitting here all cozy in my pyjamas, and dreading the fact that I have to get dressed and go to work in an hour.  Needless to say, I would much rather stay in and work on the book, nap, and bake some Christmas cookies. Working weekends is not much fun, especially in winter!

This will be another quick post, because I need to get ready for said job, so here's a few photos of Day 6&7. I'm a little behind, but on a path to getting everything done & caught up in the next few days if the stars align, and I can stay on track. The days are getting busier now. I have barely any shopping completed, and I think I need to concentrate on that this week, as the 25th is fast approaching! We're doing a more minimal Christmas list this year. The kids are older, and the Santa factor has all but disappeared. It's a little sad, but nice all at once. The gifts are bigger and more $$$, but there are many less little niggly ones to think about.

How's your DD going? I'm feeling good about mine, feeling like it's do-able and I will be able to keep it up.  And keeping it simple is definitely THE way for me to go with it... I'm enjoying this size immensely, it works well for what I want. Thanks a ton for all your wonderful comments on the last post. If you have questions about anything, just shoot me an email or ask me here, and I'll reply in the comments.



Day 6

Day 7

Day 7 detail


And here's the photo from Day 7, taken from my sons's bedroom that day and pretty much what today looks like outside too... 
Happy Sunday, all!









18 comments:

Unknown December 12, 2010 at 10:48 AM  

I'm loving this. When you come to Cali, bring it with you? Please? I want to savor it in person. Take a closer look, admire the photos.

You are coming to Cali, right? RIGHT? ;)

Unknown December 12, 2010 at 11:08 AM  

I'm shopping for a ticket, but so far, way too pricy! I'll keep looking...

JJ Sobey December 12, 2010 at 11:59 AM  

Did you know that you can get bakers twine in orange/white and in teal/white?


Just thought I would enable. ;)


(baker's twine is my new happy scrappy supply)

Anonymous,  December 12, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

Still waiting for snow ... still looking like an April Daily :( GORGEOUS photos, your book is really taking shape. Love it Melanie :) Oh, and if it's more cost effective to fly out of Toronto, you're welcome to come and stay here on your way to Cali - I want to see your book in person, too!

Unknown December 12, 2010 at 5:36 PM  

Thanks for the offer Lee! I may take you up on that, who knows?
I hope you get some snow soon, isn't there supposed to be a storm happening there right now?

helen r December 12, 2010 at 7:21 PM  

I love your book, Melanie! You take gorgeous photos! I love the simplicity of it.

I know what you mean about working on weekends...today was definitely a day to stay home and scrapbook, especially since my store was dead!

Helen in Toronto

Kari December 12, 2010 at 7:53 PM  

I just started reading your blog and oh my... Your work is super inspiring! Love!!!!!!

Xo.
Kari

Diane December 13, 2010 at 5:16 AM  

love it mel...
do you print at home?

and by the way...feel free to take Oprah's lead ;)

8bis December 13, 2010 at 8:39 AM  

j'adore !!!
le 6 décembre est une page juste parfaite à mon goût...je crois que je vais retenir ton idée de tag et de simplicité maximum, je suis déjà juste en retard de 12 jours...arg

Stephanie December 13, 2010 at 9:31 AM  

Oh how I wish I had the organizational skills to do this. Your work is so very lovely Melanie. Where do you buy the bakers twine?

8bis December 14, 2010 at 10:29 AM  

Melanie,
where did you find your blue snowflake washi tape ? i find it great with the b&w photo !

Unknown December 14, 2010 at 11:15 AM  

Hi{fRed} :),

The washi tape is from Martha Stewart, bought at Micheals.
Hope that helps!

kelliej December 14, 2010 at 3:01 PM  

Amazing, Mel....why can't I find the time to do something like this?!

Unknown December 14, 2010 at 8:49 PM  

Hi Steph!

I bought the Baker's twine through this seller on Etsy. (http://www.etsy.com/people/endlessinkabilities?ref=ls_profile)
She was super fast with shipping ( even to Canada) and very accommodating- highly recommended! I LOVE that site and could spend a lot of $$ there if I had it.. SO many lovely things...

Unknown December 14, 2010 at 8:52 PM  

Hi Di-
Yes, I print at home, a lucky perk is that my dh gets free ink from his company. :D For bigger stuff though, I go to either Costco or a photo store.
And I have no idea what the Oprah reference is, unless you're talkng about her first episode this season with the Australia visit???

Diane December 19, 2010 at 4:25 PM  

what printer do you have ?
And yes Oprah has just left after filming her show ... she was here a week and ALL over the TV and newspapers.

Unknown December 19, 2010 at 5:47 PM  

Di~

My printer is a very ordinary 3-in-1
HP. The model is Officejet 6500. It actually prints really amazingly, so far I love it.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!