December Daily- days 3-5

 06 December 2010

I haven't forgotten about Day 2. It will be done eventually, when I figure out photos.. I didn't take any of what I want to use for that day, so I'm looking at alternatives to that.
In the meantime, here's a bit of what I've got done so far:


Day 3:- Incomplete, but idea is on paper. :) I used the Teresa Collins star transparency, which I LOVE. Even though I'm not using transparencies throughout the book, I couldn't resist this beauty. I have a weakness for stars, and loved the bold, graphic look of it. I added a tag on which I embossed a Fontwerks star stamp in a shimmery white, attached the date tag to that, and stapled it onto my page.

Underneath the transparency, I used the front page from a little catalogue from Simons that I got in the mail last week, I really loved the title and graphic design on it. I'm not sure yet how I will cover up the 'Simons' part, but maybe with a photo or two. Too bad I don't have a boy named Simon. ;)


Days 4& 5:

Because I work on weekends, and have very limited time to take photos on those days, I decided to do single pages for these days, and it has really simplified my process. I used some shots of my sons on Saturday am taken before I left for work, and journaled my thoughts about working weekends. Sunday's photo is really from Friday, taken for the Big Picture class I'm doing right now.
Here's how it looks in the book: (click on the photos to get a bigger view)

 Day 4 is super simple & fast, done digitally, printed onto photo paper, and then cut out and simply adhered onto the patterned paper background. I added a handwritten 'December' on the number tag, and a red brad on the bottom under my journaling after I took this photo, so it looks a little more finished.
Day 5 is very influenced by a layout in Molly's beautiful book from last year. I loved her detail of the digital tape and frame on one of her pages. I added some real washi tape (from Martha Stewart) to my photo, and an American Crafts tag.

And some detail shots below, since my journaling is fuzzy on the above photo:



If you have any questions, feel free to ask me here. I can't reply personally through Blogger like Typepad does, ( a feature I can't believe they haven't addressed yet), but I can answer here in the comments.

I'm off to make up 25 very last minute card kits for my son's Cub Scout group tonight. And hoping for some more snow today, I'm dreaming of winter photos.

12 comments:

Anonymous,  December 6, 2010 at 11:23 AM  

No surprise - GORGEOUS!! Love the heart photo, I was hoping to take a similar photo but as yet we've had no snow sticking around! I'm trying to figure out how best to journal just how CRAZY our weekends are around here. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Barb December 6, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

Your album is beautiful! I LOVE your heart in the snow photo. And I love that we finally have snow on the ground that's lasted more than an hour or two... seeing as we had no snow in November, this morning's covering of white in Ottawa was a pleasant surprise.

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one whose December weekends feel... ummm... crazy busy. I feel better about having folks like you and Lee to share the pain with. ;)

Hello, I'm Vicki December 6, 2010 at 2:31 PM  

wow your album is gorgeous - i can't wait to see the whole thing completed, truly stunning xx

Debbie P December 6, 2010 at 3:06 PM  

Your album is gorgeous! Love the heart in the snow photo. Excellent job!

Diane December 6, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

awesome mel :)
so thinking I can take a heart photo...in the sand...hot hot hot here!!!

Teresa December 6, 2010 at 6:12 PM  

You are so multi-talented Mel! You take amazing photos and you put together beautiful books, I love the graphics you used and thanks for explaining it all.

Crystal December 6, 2010 at 11:36 PM  

It's nice to see you doing this album! Your pages and photos are lovely. Happy getting ready for Christmas :)

Unknown December 6, 2010 at 11:55 PM  

Gorgeous Mel! Makes me wish I had taken the plunge and started a scrappy December Daily, but I opted for digi this year. A very simple Blurb book in the hope that I might finish it this time! :)

Anonymous,  December 7, 2010 at 1:41 AM  

Oh Mel, your pages are absolutely amazing! I'm attempting a Dec. Daily album for the first time this year and mine is embarrassing compared to yours. :( I keep reminding myself that it's about the stories and the photos... Yours is super inspiring!

S_U_F_69 December 8, 2010 at 4:52 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
S_U_F_69 December 8, 2010 at 4:55 AM  

Trying again.. ;) Keep ut the good work Melanie. Love it! A snowy hug from Norway

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!