Day one down.
02 December 2010
Just a hit and run post with some badly lit photos taken on my table tonight. It got dark before I realized, which is about 4:30pm here now, and that makes for a short day. It was balmy & sunny here today, so I can't complain too much.
Here's the first page done with Ali's freebie template from today. I'm not sure what I'm going to put there, so for now it's staying blank. Maybe photos, maybe a poem, or I may change the entire page all together.The inside cover is done with a very pretty and classic Anna Griffin glittery paper that I love.. the look totally reminds me of vintage books that I remember from childhood that were pretty vintage even then... maybe the 50's era?
Day one is a simple collage of photos of things we did during the day, and my journaling on the left.
I combined computer journaling with my handwriting, and stamped the star border with cranberry American Crafts ink. 'Hello December' is older Ali Edwards Holiday word art from Designer Digitals. One aspect of the album I haven't decided on yet is a number scheme, and that is kind of stressing me out a bit in terms of my design. Must relax... ;p I do think I'd prefer them to be all the same rather than mixed up, but I'll wait a few days and see what works best.
Day 2 is on the table right now, but I'm calling it a day and working on it tomorrow with a fresh perspective.
I'm feeling much more confidant this time around, and I think that has a ton to do with my book having a structure. I'm very happy that I finally listened to Ali's advice, and took the time to make it before I started, it's a huge time saver.
Hope you're enjoying the DD process so far if you're involved!


10 comments:
love everything you do mel...
you,ali and molly...totally inspired thanks to you 3 girls :)
love the dotted swiss too
what do you mean number scheme??
Di, I'm talking about numbers for the dates. For the sake of continuity, I'd like them all to be the same.
Aaaaah, what a great first day for your DD album! :)
I'm trying to think of something fresh for my Day 2 page, but it hasn't struck me yet.
Perhaps some shopping at my LSS is needed to refresh my creativity? :P
This looks great!
I'm in the same state of question as to the daily numerals: same or random. So far my three pages are very simple, but done, which I consider a success in any form. It helps me to stay current each day, to avoid the tendency to postpone.
hey mel...I am using the little yellow bicycle 25 days of Christmas stickers...all a little different but still same theme :)
Love the page - I am sure the rest will be just as great - as always. Thanks for the inspiration!
Love love love! Such delish eye candy. And I can vote for same-ish numbers? Not into the whole random numbers thing. But uh, I guess that's not my album. LOL! Hoping you'll show each day! Miss you!
this is so beautiful melanie! love the combination of type and handwritten journaling. i was undecided on how to number my daily too, so for now i'm just sticking to typed dates.
Superbe Mélanie, bravo
Lovely work!
Post a Comment