December Daily, 2010 edition
29 November 2010
December Daily is a project dear to my heart. It's something that inspires me a ton, even though the extra effort of doing it at this time of the year sometimes seems like an added stress. This will be the 3rd one I attempt ( years1 & 2 are still unfinished, although all elements, journaling included, are stored in their bags, waiting for me when the day comes!) I've been working on this one for a few weeks now, gathering supplies, jotting down ideas, and thinking of things I want to incorporate in my book. It will be minimal, there's no doubt, and very photo centric. I'm anxious to get started, and especially excited to take photos again, as I had no time in November, and barely picked up my camera. So here we go...
I made the cover using Eska board and pva glue, and this classic text paper from American Crafts that I love. If you're making any kind of cover or album, I highly recommend the pva glue, although you do have to work fast as it dries quickly, and there`s not much room for error.
I LOVE the 6x8 size. Last year's square 8x8 format really wasn't my favourite. Since I usually scrap 8.5x11, this is just a smaller version of that size, and feels much more natural to me. Also, I've left it numberless for the time being, since I haven't decided yet if I'll add that digitally or not. I haven't really gone beyond putting in the pages ( mostly kraft, white, and red) and will add embellishments as I go along, since I like/need to have a visual (ie. photos) when I design a page. The inside is covered in a very pretty silver & cream Anna Griffin paper- sorry, no photo of that, but you'll see it as the days go. I'm counting down now.


10 comments:
Your cover is simple but I've saved it to my files because it's so inspiring :)
Thanks!
Gorgeous!
Happy December, Mel...nice to see you here :)
Wow!!! Looks awesome! So glad to see a project of yours here! Will be back for more! :)
*sigh* I love yours. And all the other December Daily albums everyone else is sharing. I am thinking I might do one. It'll be super-simple with few or no embellishments. I'm still undecided... but I still have 48 hours to make up my mind. lol
looking forward to seeing what you have planned...im always inspired by your scrapping :)
I am ready to go...using the same AC album as last year. I have space seeing as I only made it to 14th...lol
Planning to use Alis digi overlays, templates and elements.
Great to catch up on your blog too :)
Very nice!! Love the bling on the cover.
hmmmmmm...it's going to be an amzing DD no doubt!!
gorgeous melanie! :) cant wait to see what it looks like.
Wow Mel...SUUUUUUUUPER beau!!
J'espère qu'on va voir en dedans aussi quand ce sera fini!!
Your cover is awesome! Love it!
Post a Comment