It's sooner than you think.

 27 September 2010

In an effort to get organized,  I'm trying to get a head start on making some Christmas cards early this year.
Last year, I decided very last minute ( re: the week before)  to make some cards to sell at our school fair to raise money for my son's Scout troop, and they were a huge hit. I probably could have sold another 100, had I started in time. And I was lucky to have had help from a kind friend, or else they wouldn't have gotten done at all.

So this year, seeing as I've been inundated & brainwashed with new Christmas stuff at work since August, and also?...given the fact that I could probably make a 1,000,000 cards with the load of product I have, I decided to get my rear in gear, stop the procrastination habit, and work on a few prototypes.
These are simple- all the same size & basic design, and fine for what I need. I used the adorable new American Crafts Christmas line by Dear Lizzy/Liz Kartchner.

Now I just have to come up with about 25 other styles using the many new Hero Arts stamps I've aquired in the past while. ;)



Speaking of Hero Arts, I'm so excited that none other than the mega talented Jennifer McGuire is coming to teach at our store in mid- November!! I immediately signed up for all 3 of her classes, and can't wait to see what she's got in store for us.  I'm hoping she can help me spice up my cardmaking style and teach this old dog some new tricks. If you're local, there are still a few spots available on the Sunday, but they won't last long. Honestly you don't want to miss out on this, it's going to be a blast!

Alright... I'm off to put away the summer clothing for good, and make some room in my kiddos drawers.
The joys of changing seasons... fall has definitely arrived here.
Have a great Monday!

14 comments:

Anonymous,  September 27, 2010 at 12:34 PM  

I think you're right, summer is gone for good! LOVE the cards. I'm not much of a card maker, but I'm inspired :) Have a great week, Melanie.

Anonymous,  September 27, 2010 at 2:41 PM  

they are AWESOME!!! wtg, mel!

Graziella September 27, 2010 at 3:16 PM  

Mel, your "simple - all the same size & basic design" cards are always so creative compared to what i come up with.

Teresa September 27, 2010 at 6:01 PM  

Wow Mel, gorgeous cards, you are so multi-talented!! I'm impressed.

Francesca Di Leo September 27, 2010 at 7:28 PM  

lovely cards Mel...me thinks i'll be making some this weekend too.

Barb September 27, 2010 at 7:32 PM  

I love the AC papers... hopefully I'll be able to find them here in my crazy, no-AC town.*sigh*
And that class with Jennifer... I would sign up in a heartbeat if it weren't a 2 hour drive for me.

Josée September 27, 2010 at 9:14 PM  

Super belles tes cartes Mel!!!Enfin,tu es revenue sur ton blog!!!

Jody September 29, 2010 at 12:32 AM  

You say, "Teach this old dog new tricks" and the rest of us say, "We love the old tricks, just fine!" :p
Gorgeous cards, Mel!

Unknown September 29, 2010 at 8:54 AM  

*Love* You go girl! So on top of things. Love the cards. And can't wait to hear about the Jen McGuire classes! Shoot, I need a class or two from her to learn what to do with all the stamps I have.

Sam September 29, 2010 at 11:19 PM  

So very talented Melanie..... those are so creative and cute! A great idea.

famille1999 September 30, 2010 at 3:53 PM  

Love them! They will sell like hot cakes! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!