Oops-it's been a (long) while.
01 July 2010
I had to chuckle when I read my last post. So much has happened since then, and I haven't really given this blog a second thought for the past 2 months. Some not great stuff happening in my life right now that I've had to take care of. I had actually kind of forgotten that I have a blog, to tell you the truth... that's how hectic the past 2 months have been. I've thought about shutting it down for good, and I go back & forth on that. One part of me likes having it here, in case I feel like posting stuff, and the other part finds it a nuisance, and just another extra thing to add to my huge to-do list. I'm amazed that people can find the time to blog on a daily basis- that's never going to happen with me, I'm afraid.
I've decided to keep it as-is for now, and just post scrapbooking stuff, since that's what it started out as in the first place. And while I'm heavy into photography now, and enjoying that immensely, I'll probably just post the occasional photo here. If anyone is interested in seeing more, they can click on the Flickr link on the right and check out my gallery there. :)
So here's a few recent pages, and a few things from the AC blog from this past winter & Spring. I haven't done much else, just because I haven't had a spare second in a long, long while. It's funny how scrapbooking gets put on the back burner, and you think you'll never get back into it, but when I sat down to do these pages the other day, that familiar rush of contentment came back to me, and I was so thrilled to have done something! It got me itching to do more, so I hope in the next few weeks there will be more to show you here. I will try my best. :)
HAPPY CANADA DAY to all my fellow Canucks!







28 comments:
Glad to see you back, if only for one post! Your photography lately is FANTABULOUS, such talent. Hope all the stuff from the last couple of months has gone away! My blog is my escape from all that, so I focus on it rather than the s*it. Enjoy your Canada Day!
Glad to see you back, if only for one post! Your photography lately is FANTABULOUS, such talent. Hope all the stuff from the last couple of months has gone away! My blog is my escape from all that, so I focus on it rather than the s*it. Enjoy your Canada Day!
Your layouts are so inspiring - beautiful! xx
I'm so glad to see some new layouts from you!!! I've been waiting for this day and it's like a reward! :)
LOVE them all ;-)
so good to see your beauties again ;-)
Lovely layouts!! I just adore the garden one, so pretty ;) And the beach layout is just adorable. Fabulous job! ;)
I don't think I've ever left you a comment before and truth is I'm not even sure how I found your blog, but I had to tell you your LOs are fantastic!
Well, you may not have missed the blogworld, but we sure have missed you :)
Just stunning pages, Mel!
AHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh. You have returned. If only for a while. I could have written that exact paragraph about the blog, and also about scrapbooking. You start to think it'll never happen again, and you forget why you love it so much., but then you scrap a page, and the 'rush of contentment' and happiness surges through. It's like a drug. And you say to yourself "I should really do this more often!" I do think we are possibly the same person, living on opposite sides of the globe. Happy Canada Day.
certainly have missed your pages...even though I have been keeping tabs on your brilliant photography ;)
Ah yes the same thoughts here...to blog or not to blog ...lol
Well I do love popping in and seeing your scrapping so simple and perfect...just the way I love my pages:)
Happy Canada Day, Mel! <3
Thanks for gracing us with your newest pages, all in one spot. I love your style. And while I enjoy seeing your photos on flickr, I really miss the inspiration your layouts provided. I do hope you'll find time to fit scrapbooking into your routine again.
Happy Canada day to you too! Love your graphic style!!
Lâche pas Mel,on aime ça voir tes créations.On en voudrait plus,plus,plus!!!!
Mais on aime mieux juste un peu que pas du tout!!!
Beautiful pages, Mel. It's always, always a treat to see your work. I know how you feel about the whole blog thing. And I love seeing you on Flickr. :)
Beautiful pages, Mel. It's always, always a treat to see your work. I know how you feel about the whole blog thing. And I love seeing you on Flickr. :)
hi! happy you returned and with beautiful layouts!! lots of inspiration!! funny how i do more clean and simple layouts when i read your blog!! have a great day!
I hope you have a wonderful summer.
Yeah, scrappy goodness! And I finally get to see the page about Bobby and his teen obsessions. :)
Yeah, scrappy goodness! And I finally get to see the page about Bobby and his teen obsessions. :)
your pages are always so good... thanks for sharing. hope the complex parts of life sort out ok
Me again.
I wanted you to know I scraplifted one of your lovely LOs. It's here: http://wickysticket.blogspot.com/2010/07/my-first-publication.html
I'll probably come back to scraplift another or others!
Melanie, you put those pages together so, so, beautifully. What wonderful memories..... I love it. And the pictures are all so beautiful.... such great shots of your boys!!!
I admire your scrapbooking...I am so not that Mom. I wish I was. I have the hardest time putting a post together for my blog much less a scrapbook page! I'm glad to see you back and like Sam I love the pictures of the boys! So sweet!
am new to you & your blog...have to say I love your clean style and creativity..congrats on the AC team!!
hey Melanie! it's time for a new post i think! ;)
a huge congrats! i'm psyched because i love seeing your stuff!
Congratulations to you on the AC team!! Can't wait to work with & get to know you!
congrats!!! smiles :)
you are the scrap queen! i've taken a long break too. haven't got back to flickr in a while, so i thought i would check in with you here. gorgeous pages. i'm hoping to do some myself soon. hope things settle down for you. i'm so looking forward to autumn. best of luck.
Post a Comment