My Olympic hangover

 01 March 2010

A whole month has gone by without a thought about posting to this blog, and I apologize. If you watched the closing ceremonies of the Olympics last night, you'll know that us Canadians are pretty famous for being apologetic, it's true. Not sure why that is!  I have no excuses, other than I have been pretty darned busy with life in general. Oh, and watching those amazing Olympics pretty much 24/7 for the past 17 days. I even left work early yesterday because there was no way in HELL I was going to miss a minute of the Canada-US hockey game, and I'm SO glad I did. Did you watch it too? I think every single Canadian had their tv tuned to it. It was a nail biter, and after the US scored on us 24 seconds before the 3rd period ended, I didn't think I could bear to watch anymore. It was heartbreaking. But when our beloved Sidney Crosby scored that golden goal in OT, it was worth every ounce of stress and grey hair- what a beautiful moment, and one I will NEVER forget! Absolutely amazing. I have a little bit of an Olympic hangover today, but I'm so proud of Canada for all their achievements these past 2 weeks.


 So as you may have noticed,I have been taking a much needed break from scrapping, Facebook, and all that stuff. Once in a while it feels good to disconnect, and I needed to rethink a few things that weren't working for me. I'm happy to report that I scrapped 2 pages this week and I'm glad that the mojo hasn't completely disappeared. I was worried there for a while that it would never come back. Here's one of the pages I did, with some of the new and wonderful American Crafts stuff:





Spring is around the corner, I can feel it... I'm so looking forward to warmer temps, spring decluttering and fresh perspectives. Happy March!

15 comments:

Jody March 1, 2010 at 12:04 PM  

It's ok, Mel...I accept your apology about the lack of blogging.
It's just that...I missed you :P
So glad you're back, love the page too!

Agata March 1, 2010 at 2:51 PM  

I was wondering the other day about how you were doing and all. I'm glad you're back! And with a great lo at that! Spring is quite here already, it's hard to believe! I wish it comes soon to your corner of the world! Hugs!

S_U_F_69 March 1, 2010 at 3:05 PM  

I've been watching the Olympics as well. Not ice hockey.. :), but cross country skiing and biathlon. Loved every minute of it.

I'm waiting for spring too! Hopefully sooon!! Happy March to you too :)

Heather M. March 1, 2010 at 3:49 PM  

We watched non-stop Olympics in our house these past 2 weeks. It's weird to not have them on today. That hockey game was something else, hey?! What a win!

Love that page - it's so fun!

I can't wait for spring either. Come soon, please!

nicole s March 1, 2010 at 4:20 PM  

I am currently 'disconnecting' and yes, it's a good thing. Marc took the morning off work to watch the game (it was morning time here), and invited another local Canadian to come watch it with him. That third period end was a little too stressful for my liking!! Thank heavens it didn't go to a shootout - I hate that! When they won, Marc had so many text messages, emails and calls of congratulations from all our friends - as if it was actually he who won!

nicole s March 1, 2010 at 4:21 PM  

PS. Hop on to my facebook profile if you have a minute - I posted photos of Marc as he watched the hockey.

Barb March 1, 2010 at 4:22 PM  

I love that you took a break... and I especially love that you didn't lose your mojo along the way! Your new page is awesome. Makes me yearn for warmer weather and sunny days. Aaaaah...

And yes, the last week of the Winter Games was amazing. What a great way to finish the Olympics off yesterday with a gold in men's hockey! All my seven year old kept saying, over and over again, was, "Mommy, I am so happy." Me too, buddy... me too. :)

Claude March 1, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

The Olympics are HUGE in our house, we never turned the TV off. That game was one of the most exciting ever! I'm glad it didn't go to a shoot-out, I thought I would pass out from nerves!

Really fun layout, welcome back!

KathyT March 2, 2010 at 1:23 PM  

Love that fun summery page - isn't that new stuff fantastic?? Olympic ever here too, so sad it' all over!

Maureen,  March 2, 2010 at 2:32 PM  

I have really missed you and was getting super worried! I love this page and am happy all is okay.
Hugs!

Anonymous,  March 2, 2010 at 9:51 PM  

that dang sidney crosby, is there anything that kid HASN'T done yet? stanley cups, olympic hero, gold medals, sheesh enough already! is he even 25 yet? you shoud have seen my house when that happened, i live with a player and a coach, it was so sad...really. i thought i was going to have to bake them cookies or something. lol beautiful scrap page!

moon March 3, 2010 at 10:45 PM  

missed you mel!
such a fun and bright page. i'm hoping that spring heads our way soooooon...

molly March 4, 2010 at 9:18 AM  

I do take these extended public breaks every so often myself. I get it, we just need to rejuvinate a bit. I just looked for you on FB. If you want to connect there just let me know.

candice12 March 4, 2010 at 3:26 PM  

je peux te dire que les canadiens vivant en Europe étaient aussi devant la tv dimanche !! ça criait fort, ça montait même sur la table !
impressionnant...

Tacha March 7, 2010 at 4:46 AM  

C'est magnifique et si graphique, quel plaisir de voir tes réas ;o)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!