Back to life.. back to reality..
29 January 2010
I've been away from my blog for almost a month now- wow. How did that happen? Well, back in the new year I got swept up in the wonderful world of Flickrland, working really hard on my 365/photo-a-day project. I dove head first into it, fell madly in love with photography, and haven't come up for air all month. I've basically been consumed with taking photos since January 1st- I even dream about it! Crazy, huh? I'm that kind of all or nothing person- 'extreme' would be a better way to phrase it. ;p
I wish I could figure out a way to channel that energy and creativity into other aspects of my life at the same time, so as to be a bit more, *ahem*... productive in other areas. But I'm slowly coming back down to earth now that the month of January has almost ended. Last week I thought about quitting the 365, just because it has consumed me way more than I had intended or thought possible, but I'm going to try and stick it out. I'm proud of the photos I've taken this month, and I can already see a difference.
I'll leave you with this amazing video, done by one of the founders of Shutter Sisters. It's full of beautiful images & words that will make your heart swell. Click here for the link to watch.
And speaking of SS- I was thrilled to find out that they featured this photo ( my very 1st 365 of the year) on the blog. It was a huge honour for me.
Hope everyone has had a great, productive month of January!
xox

13 comments:
Welcome back to blog world! LOL And congrats to you for being featured over there. :) You have taken some very awesome photographs throughout the month. I'm happy to hear that you are still in the game. :)
Melanie, where do you process your photos?
Hi Krista,
Do you mean what software I use to edit my photos? I'm using PSE 8, and I also downloaded a free trial of Lightroom last week which I'm having a lot of fun with, but there is a learning curve to it. It's a fantastic program though, and I will probably end up buying it.
As for printing my photos, I usually do that here at home. I'm bad about printing them out unless I'm using them for scrapbook pages, so they usually are just store on the computer. Bad, I know!
Glad your sticking with 365...
Ok Lightroom...last time I took your advice I ended up with a new lens ;)
I love the photo, but you always amaze me w/your photography. One of these years I'll do the 365...
I was wondering what was keeping you so busy that you didn't have the time to blog ...Where can I view your pictures on Flickr ?
Yeah, my January was quite busy,too! I feel as if two months went down the road, not one only. So happy for your great experiences w/pictures! They are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
Yay, you're back!
I hear you on the all or nothing, that's me in a nutshell :p
Gorgeous photo too!
HI!!! I've missed you! I've been away from my blog forever too, and I've missed or little chats from last year. Your photos are all i need for inspiration. Glad your back. And who cares if other areas of your creative life are a little neglected - go with what you feel at the time! Amazing photo...as always...
Hey Mel, congrats on being featured on that site! I'm so glad you're getting into photography so much... I love your photos and have surely be inspired by the ones you've posted on flickr. :)
Thanks you guys. :)
Danielle, if you click the Flickr link to the right here ( my layouts on Flickr) that will bring you to my Flickr. You will have to click off the layouts in order to see my entire gallery, clear as mud? ;p
hey mel, i know exactly what you mean when you said you get consumed by something when you get into it, i'm the same way and right now it's my painting since i didn't bring anything scrapwise down here. i take my photos for my 365 while i go for my walk in the morning so i'm done for the day. there is so much to take down here though, it's easy, a bird, a flower, it's wonderful! love all your photos, don't have a chance to comment since we don't have internet in the condo, i'm at the library right now sitting in my car to connect, grrrrrrrrr.
talk soon, hey saw your lo in ck, i love it, especially the left side!
Hey - just wanted to say "congrats" on your interview in Esprit Scrapbooking (it's one of my fav mags). I was so surprised to see your pages there, I did a double-take... (wasn't expecting to see such clean layouts in their mag, hahah!)
Post a Comment