Happy New Year!

 01 January 2010

I hope your holidays were as lovely as ours. We spent NYE doing a bit of shopping, and then went to see Avatar, which had THE most spectacular special effects I've ever seen. GO see this film, please. You'll be blown away by the 3-D stuff, I promise.
 After the movie, we picked up some Chinese take-out and played Blokus while watching the World Junior hockey game. GO CANADA!!!  Been enjoying that.
 All in all, a lovely quiet night with the family. What can I say? My partying days are over, and I don't miss them in the least.

I wanted to post a bunch of photos with this post, but I'm having some issues with my new PSE program running R E A L L Y slow. UGH. So, I haven't been able to re-install any of the actions and fun stuff I had on the old version, and I feel kind of lost without them.

What else?
 I decided on a whim last night at about 11:45 pm that I really wanted to do some kind of project 365, and so I signed myself up to a few groups on Flickr and commited to it.  I'm not going to stress about how perfect the photos have to be, and I hope the exercise will bring me to a new level in photography if I manage to finish it. Right now I'm excited as heck about it, but I may change my mind once June rolls around. I posted todays' photo on Flickr, so if you're interested, you can have a look-see over there, as I can't resize the photo for the blog right now... hoping to have that annoying glitch fixed up soon.

 I didn't get a second to get anything scrap related done between Christmas and NY, meaning no DD for a few days at least, and no Write.Click. Scrapbook. layout from me this month. (Elizabeth, if you're reading this, I owe you 2 for next month!) I'm looking forward to the kids going back to school next week so I will have time to get those projects underway once again. The holidays are exhausting! I have a week off coming up, and I dearly need it to recuperate and organize my thoughts and  many plans for the new year.
Be back soon!

xoxo






.

11 comments:

Diane January 2, 2010 at 5:29 AM  

Looking forward to seeing your photos ...and any photography tips ;)
Happy New Year!!!

Danielle January 2, 2010 at 7:04 AM  

Je te souhaite ainsi qu'à ta famille, une belle année 2010, Mélanie !

Merci pour ton commentaire récent sur mon blog.

J'ai essayé d'accrocher ton regard à SC quand j'y étais il y a une semaine de cela, mais "understandably", tu étais très occupée ! ;) Ce sera pour une autre fois. En fait, nous irons à Montréal à la mi-janvier pour le show de nouvelles autos. Pierre et Rafael aiment y aller à chaque année ! Si tu es disponible, on pourrait se fixer un temps ensemble. Je ne fréquente plus les magasins de scrapbooking depuis plus d'un an. En passant, mon nouveau email se termine avec @rogers.com.

Danielle
xoxo

Danielle

Jody January 2, 2010 at 9:52 AM  

I knew something didn't feel right over at the gallery. lol
Glad you had a great New Year :)

Agata January 2, 2010 at 10:25 AM  

Happy New Year! Here too it was pure madness between Christmas and NY but we've survived! ;-) I hope you're PSE will run as it should and am looking forward to seeing those pictures!

rocklady January 2, 2010 at 10:47 AM  

we practically did the same thing over here nye mel, hey by you doing it, i feel young! ;) glad your holidays were good and look forward to seeing your photos, i'm doing a 365 too, lol the glasses on noah! :)

Séverine January 2, 2010 at 2:27 PM  

Happy new Year Mel!
I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures!
J'espère que 2010 t'apportera tout le bonheur du monde!

Barb January 3, 2010 at 10:16 AM  

Happy New Year, Mel! So glad you've decided to do a 365 this year... I saw some of your photos over at flickr and they're FABulous. I need a new lens and I need to get a few hands-on lessons from my photo-fiend friend, Marlene. That's on my Wish List for 2010... the new lens. In the meantime, I suppose I should just keep plugging away with the ones I have. lol

Anonymous,  January 3, 2010 at 10:51 AM  

Happy New Year Melanie! I just wanted to thank you for posting the link for the flickr mosiac making thingy (lol). I never understood how it was done until I saw your Wintery Loveliness layout. It's gorgeous! I went right to the link and created one for myself. I couldn't believe how easy it was, I loved it. Good luck with the 365 (I only made it up to March last year), but I'm hoping to get through to the end of this year.

Anonymous,  January 5, 2010 at 6:28 PM  

I am currently doing Project 365. I started last June. I love it! Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Genmanou January 10, 2010 at 10:47 AM  

Bonne et Heureuse Année 2010 à toi et à tous les tiens !...J'espère voir des merveilles fleurir sur ton blog pendant 365 jours !....

Anonymous,  January 21, 2010 at 7:55 AM  

J'adore ce que tu fais ! C'est vraiment très beau et très... Classe !!!
Bravo, bravo !!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!