"The best Christmas ever"
25 December 2009
proclaimed my littlest, as I put him to bed tonight. He got really lucky, and scored a ton of cool toys this year- lots of Lego... Star Wars and Atlantis; Clone Commander Blaster gun, Nerf Dart tag, Lego Rock Band, an electric piano, and a ton of other stuff. Yes, he got spoiled. Last year, he got hockey stuff, books, and clothes, but not really any toys. I remember him being upset about that, and this year I decided to go all out with the toys, since soon I won't be able to do the toy thing. He's growing up, and won't be into that in a few short years, so I really enjoyed seeing him so excited. Isn't that what it's all about?
My eldest got the only thing he really wanted ( besides a cell phone) on his wish list- an IPod Touch. Man, even I don't have one of those, and can I say that I was a little jealous of him for a few seconds when he opened it up? I'm excited for him b/c he's passionate about music, and I remember how excited I was years ago when i got a Walkman for Christmas one year, when music was my life. ( yes, I'm THAT old. ;p)
I got a much needed update to my old and dated PSE program from Bob. ( thanks hon!!) I've just installed PSE 8, and can't wait to try it out- right now I'm waiting for it to copy all my 4,000 + photos.
Other than gifts, our Christmas was cozy and fun, and very much focused on family. It was perfect. We stayed home for the first time ever as a family this year ( family dinner is tomorrow) and we all stayed in our pj's the whole day, lounging, playing, watching movies, napping and eating lots of Christmas treats. Very relaxed, and much needed R&R. Just perfect. :)
Here's a few WIP pages from my DD. Keep in mind that I"m working out of order and off the cuff when I can get something done, so these are just very simple and basic pages that I may or may not add to later.
I can see the benefit of doing the album beforehand, as it's hard to decide where the pages will go and how they will fit if you're doing them like I am, one at a time. But I will make it work, and will post the entire thing once it's all assembled, so you can get a better idea of what it looks like once it's all put together. :)
Day 10 ( first page of spread is not done, but idea is there)
Day 16
Day 17
I have to leave you with a photo of the last day's Lego advent calendar figure. We were pretty sure Santa would make an appearance the last day, and here he is! The kids really adored this calendar. It truly was one of those times when you're happy to have doled out the $$ for something a little extravagent.Worth every penny for my Lego loving boys. :)




14 comments:
Merry Christmas, Mel! We got lots of Legos here too, but they mostly came in pink bricks or with flower lego toppers, heh : )
Merry Christmas Mel!! I'm happy to hear that your Christmas went smoothly after all. :) The girls were pretty pumped about their gifts too. We stayed away from the toys or electronics this year and went with tickets to Allegria and Mamma Mia amongst other things. :)
Santa also left me a PSE8 under the tree. It's now installed but I need to figure my way around it now.
Have a wonderful holiday time with your family! :)
so glad your day was nice mel, i personally think the quiet, relaxing, all about family is the way to celebrate christmas!
got my birthday card on the 24th thanks for 2 beauties! :)
Merry Christmas to you, too! Happy for your nice family time! Your DD is really great - I love this photo mosaic you made! He he, we've got a little Lego lover at home, too! And he got spoiled, yes he did! See you!
Good to here Chrissy was so relaxed and easy...the best way :)
My dd is all over the shop...lol!
How did oyu do the mosaic?
joyeuses fêtes Mel !
juste un petit mot pour te dire que je trouve ton album de Noël absolument magnifique. J'avais essayé d'en faire un en 2007, la première année où Ali avait lancé l'idée me semble-t-il mais je n'ai jamais réussi à le finir. Je ne suis pas trop faite pour ce genre de projet "longue-durée", raison pour laquelle je n'ai fait à ce jour qu'un seul mini-album !!!
Le tien laisse vraiment la place aux photos qui sont très belles.
A bientôt
bises
Séverine
Aaaaaaah, music to my ears. Your post made me smile, Mel. I'm glad your boys had such a wonderful Christmas, and that you had some very much needed down time. :)
Your DD album is awesome. I know I wouldn't have been able to pull it off this year, so I'm glad I didn't even try, but yours makes me think I should try harder next year. :P
Sounds like a wonderful Christmas, Mel! I'm looking forward to the year when we get to stay home as a family and do our own thing too!
I'm glad you were all spoiled!
And I just love how your DD album is coming together! Gorgeous!
Merry Christmas! Joyeux Noel!
Plein de bises de Chicago ~
Très contente que vous avez eu un beau Noel relaxe en famille : la meilleure sorte, à mon avis ! Ton album DD est superbe ! Va falloir que je retourne en arrière sur ton blog pour tout le zieuter !
Ici aussi les Legos sont très populaires. Rafael en a reçu 2 avant Noel qu'il a promptement assemblé et beaucoup profité. Son DSi est un grand succès également, son cadeau majeur de ses parents.
Danielle
xoxo
I love your DD album! I'm doing it too and it's such a great thing to look at later. I love your enlargements - note to self: do more of those next year :)
Your Christmas sounds just perfect. May your year be filled with marvelous memories, photos in abundance and time, glorious time, in which to create! Season's Greetings!
I wish you an happy new year Melanie !Bravo pour cet album, il est absolument SUPERBE !
Melanie, I love your photos. Where do you develop your prints?
How do you do your collage prints? I am new to PSE and am trying to learn how to do that so I can post something like that on my blog. Can you share any tips? I noticed your pages on the the DD flickr group...so very nice!
Post a Comment