Houston, we have an entry!
11 December 2009
Day nine= DONE. I'm psyched. :)
My printer is fixed, thanks to my husband who spent an hour reconfiguring things and re-installing the software the other day, after much whining from me. I'm so happy to be able to print at home again. I don't remember the last time I took photos in to be printed, but I really should do it on a monthly basis.
We had our first big snowstorm of the year on Wednesday, which is the topic of my Day 9. I have photos for the previous days printed out now, and will work backwards I guess, when I have a chance to catch up, hopefully over Christmas. I'm not going to worry about it for the time being- I'm just so happy to finally have something done.
My 2 pages are extremely simple. In keeping with the mood of that day, I wanted it to be 'quiet', so I didn't add a lot of extras. Lots of white space on page 2. I like how it turned out, and will be sticking steadfast to my theory that less is more, for my taste anyways. :)
Here are a few close-ups:
I have some fun stuff for yesterday's entry to do tonight...We had the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games torch runner come through our little 'burb yesterday afternoon (exciting and emotional) and last night, my son performed in his first High School band concert from his Band Etude studies. A great full day to document. :)
I realized after the fact that I should probably cover the inside of my album. I've decided to use something subtle, a la Molly, and will go with a dark forest green Swiss Dot paper from Bazzill that matches the green words on my cover. Will be picking that up tomorrow at work. Speaking of which, I'm finding it difficult to do entries on the days I do work, and wondering how to solve that dilemma. I'm thinking about just doing a non-photo layout for these days, as it's tough to get decent photos at night. But with tree lights, that could work out okay. :)
Be back soon..
Be back soon..



23 comments:
It's gorgeous Mel, love the simplicity of this!
gorgeous entry! your album is going to be amazing!
i say, just take photos as you feel inspired and if you don't have a chance or don't feel inspired then make it a non-photo day but that's just my 2 cents. :)
Looks great.
The days you work I'd write down journaling and then add photo's that match later,I don't think it matter's if they aren't from that day....isn't the album supposed to be reflective of Decemebr :)
Or use those days to write out recipes or if you have special ornaments or something.....just an idea :)
This might be my favorite December Daily album I've seen : )
beautiful. i love the simplicity and, in fact, i'd love to steal your style.
wow wow wow! these are awesome, Mel! I am so excited for you. :)
I would totally do one of these, only I suck at being organized enough. Plus, I spend all my daylight hours on the bus or in my office from M-Th, so my pictures would suck. lol
Loving the pages! They may just give me some inspiration for a day I am stuck on. I am playing catch up too - had a huge first week of Decemeber and no down time. I am trying to stay up to date now and work on other pages when I have the time. I wish I could take a pic of a snowy tree! You do simple well. I plan to fill in my quiet / no kids day with our trip to Santa, and Christmas deocrating, which took place in November due to our huge first week in Dec. Look forward to seeing more. Did we get to see your cover and I missed it?
Shannon, I posted my album cover here: http://melanie-notesfromhome.blogspot.com/2009/11/good-things.html
Thanks for your feedback!!
Thanks for that, no idea how I missed it. It is lovely! I am loving your simple approach - I am finding even though I love Ali E's ideas, my pages really do get toned down to simple - simple makes me happy. Look forward to seeing more. Love that lego advent calender too. I will share mine, I made it a few years ago (reuseable of course!) I wonder how I could get legos in there.
Ahhh, so gorgeous Mel! Love that large shot of the snow covered tree. I love Ruth's ideas for the days that you can't take a decent enough shot. :)
Oh, so very gorgeous!
The simpler, the better :D
Congrats on getting your printer fixed, brownie points to your husband!
Wow Mel,tu m'inspires!!!tes pages d'hiver sont superbes!!
C'est cool que ton mari ait pu réparé ton imprimante.La mienne aussi m'a lâché et j'ai dû carrément la changé...poche!!
WoW - LVOE the December album - that red scroll is gorgeous, and you have uses my fave colur scheme of red, ice blue and white.
Congrats on day nine completion!!! ;-) It's gorgeous, btw! And I'm happy for your fixed printer (and a husband who can perform such miracles! ;-))
Oh, this is so beautiful! Love it! And that reminded me that I never made you the circle dates... Oops. But honestly, it's better without it. ;) Loving the photos too. Alas, I chickened out and didn't start one. Will just have to admire yours. Miss you!
Wow I just had to say how much I adore this!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, you're featured on Ali Edwards blog!!! You ARE quite the celebrity now, you know that?! :-)
It's a gorgeous photo/layout and you deserve the praise.
CeeCee
Simply delightful. Beautiful images and great design.
I love your pages! Very cute!
perfection!
Love it, Melanie! I linked your book up to my blog today. :)
This is beautiful! Hope you don't mind but I linked your blog in one of my posts today.
Coucou mon amie!
Congrats for being featured on Ali's blog!
I love how PURE your D.D look!!
xox
Post a Comment