Bah humbug.
07 December 2009
I've run into a major snafu with my Daily December album, wouldn't you know. My BRAND NEW printer won't print my pictures in anything but a lovely blue hue, ( yes, I have checked the ink!) which means I'm running behind on about 4 days of entries. So I'm heading off to Costco in a bit to get some photos printed off, and if I have the energy left after getting the kiddos in bed, I'll try working on it tonight. I`ve been feeling under the weather lately, and kind of stressed out in general. Too much on my plate maybe. I desperately need a deep shoulder massage, because I have one big massive knot that`s been giving me a literal pain in the neck the past few weeks, not to mention a headache. Not fun.
In lieu of album pages, I'll leave you with a layout I did for a very cool French magazine called 'Esprit Scrapbooking'. Beatrice (the editor) emailed me a few months back asking me to do an interview on the 'Clean and Simple' style, and when I got my copy in the mail on Monday, I was happily surprised to see that I had a 4 page spread in the magazine- definitely exciting! The entire magazine is really fantastic, and I feel honoured to be asked.
See you Wednesday if all goes well!

12 comments:
Go! Melanie! You can do it, whoo-whoo, Yeah! Rah-rah.
Melanie, Melanie, she's our girl - if she can't do it...ermmmm, what rhymes with girl?
See you tomorrow, I will work out my thumbs and see about that neck for you!
I've got the skeleton of the album and have a picture a day except for yesterday. If it's any consolation, I haven't printed any photos and I'm not planning on doing it anytime soon either!! No pressure. It's a hobby not a job. Congrats on the publications, LOVE the elves page!
Love your page, Mel! Wish I could see a French scrapbooking magazine, too! Congratulations on the big spread! : ) The most I've ever been able to muster is a photo-a-day in December... I keep saying maybe next year for the bigger album! *sigh*
Very cool Mel! :) Love your page too. Are you sure that your printer is properly installed on your computer. Once I hadn't installed the cd on my computer and my pictures were coming out all weird... If your canvas for your dd is all done I'm sure that you'll be able to do it! Don't get discouraged! :)
I wasn't sure if snafu was a real word so I googled it...lol. Good one. Sorry about the stress. But your layout is lovely!
Go, Mel, GO! You'll get caught up, and your album will be beautiful. :)
And wow, congrats on that French magazine. Your work is so lovely that I'm not surprised they would want to dedicate a good number of pages to it. :D
I just love your layout, Mel :)
Could your printing ink be jammed, therefore while showing that the ink is full, it is blocked therefore rendering your pages blue?
Just a thought...
you can do it!!!!! i'd be seriously bummed too though.
love the layout, as always!
What can I say to cheer you up?! It's not snowing here, does it help? Guess not... Well, I'll try this: I was just reading your interview and looking at your layouts in ES mag. And I was trying to figure out what does it take to be such a C&S genius!!! I'd really love to have your smaller version somewhere in my pocket to help me out with my layouts! Take care, you'll make it, I'm sure (I forgot to mention that my PSE doesn't want to write - makes lines all along; hope it makes you smile ;-)
that little santa sure is just the right embellishment for your little elves!
good luck with your album, can't wait to see some of it!
Don't be discouraged. Two years ago I made the DD shell and then broke my camera on Thanksgiving. Even this weekend I was way behind until a marathon yesterday. You'll get there. Remember it's for you, and your family, not for the bloggers. It's personal. In your time. Feel better soon.
Your elves layout is AMAZING! I LOVE it! Hope you get your printer problem sorted - how frustrating!!! I can massage! But unless you want to fly me over - go get a massage! We have little asian Massage men in our malls - no appointment needed - for like $15 bucks. So awesome.
Post a Comment