Introducing..

 02 October 2009




my new baby. She's sleek, and Danish to boot. :) The real thing. Check out the stainless legs!


 Beautiful, isn't she?  I love her. (and I'm not sure why she's a she and not a he... but it's like that.)

I think I've already mentioned here or on FB how I've been obsessed with checking Craigslist every 5 minutes or so for the last month and a half, right? It paid off!  I spotted this one evening early last week, and I assumed it would be sold already when I emailed the guy, but I got lucky. Drove out to very east end Montreal the other night and met a very lovely guy who is as credenza obsessed as I am, go figure. We struck a nice deal, and he delivered this to me the next night, free of charge, and even lovingly helped me set it up properly. I am so lucky to always come into contact with really nice people. I'm a trusting sort, and my instinct very rarely lets me down, thankfully.
The top is haphazardly decorated with an old lamp, photo, my ipod, and Stonehenge puzzle of Bobby's. Wish I had a better decorator gene. Suggestions? And I'm on the lookout for a big abstract canvas to hang above. I have an idea of what it should look like, so maybe I'll paint one myself, if I can't find what I'm looking for... a good way to put the Fine Arts BA to use, lol..

I'm off to finish up some assignments, and tomorrow, working for the weekend. Enjoy the cool fall weather-  I think snow is around the corner. It is chilly out there!

15 comments:

alexandra s.m. October 2, 2009 at 11:45 PM  

Hi Mel,

I do like it a lot! It's very pure and solid, come to think of it, a bit like YOUR own work ;-)
For some reasons it would be a "He" to me!!
Oh please don't talk about snow? Where did our Indian Summer go?

Erin Morehouse October 3, 2009 at 1:56 AM  

oooooo, ahhhhh! Very nice!!
Go ahead and break out those paints it'll be fun!!

Agata October 3, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

I'm just happy for you that you found what you've been looking for so diligently!!! All good things come to those who wait! ;-)

rocklady October 3, 2009 at 2:21 PM  

well i saw how happy you were this morning with your nice purchase mel, good on you for being persistant, it's lovely! and yes i agree with erin, do your own painting! :)

Barb October 3, 2009 at 3:59 PM  

Congratulations on your new credenza! It's lovely... so sleek and elegant. :)
I think you should definitely pain the canvas you're going to hang. I can't wait to see it.

Nathalie October 3, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

Hey! Congratulations on your new acquisition. You must be estatic to finally have what you were looking for in your own home. It looks great.

Like the others said, you might want to dabble into the mix media for a change. LOL Good luck! :)

Josée October 3, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

C'est tellement beau ce meuble là(tu vois pour moi il est masculin!!)Si j'avais de la place à la maison ,je m'arrangerais pour en avoir un! Chanceuse va!!!

Jody October 4, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

She IS a beauty!
Congrats, all your stalking on Craigslist paid off :)

KathyT October 5, 2009 at 6:46 AM  

Gorgeous! So timeless, so simple, good score!

Ruth October 5, 2009 at 3:46 PM  

Well glad you have found what you are looking for,nothing more satisfing than that !
I've always known those pieces as 'sideboards' we had one when I was a kid,simillar to yours but with a drawer section,solid teak.......I always hated it !!!
My Mum had trouble finding a home for it when she moved,I'll have to tell her they are all the rage again !!!

Yes,get out the paints and make your own art,you'll get what you want that way !

Ali October 8, 2009 at 5:38 PM  

gorgeous!! one of these is on my wishlist....for when i own my own home!! :) love it!!

Linda Barber,  November 2, 2009 at 11:16 PM  

GORGEOUS! Looks awes just as it is!

Leanne Stamatellos November 3, 2009 at 6:40 AM  

It's beautiful - really wonderful!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!