Leaving well enough alone.

 21 September 2009



I made this layout back in July or so, and after much fussing and frustration with it, put it aside in the  'to be finished at a much later date' pile. I guess it looked better in my head, and I couldn't quite translate what I wanted onto paper. So it sat there for 2 months, untouched.




Then a few weeks ago, I saw Moon's awesome layout here on the American Craft blog, loved what she did with all the stickers and rub-ons, and decided to try it on my layout, since she'd used the same Teen line on her's. I ripped off the green/teal background on my layout, stuck down the stickers and rub-ons, and it now looks like this:




 I'm thinking I should have really left well enough alone. Way too busy for my taste, and none of the cool factor that Moon's page has. Scraplifting just doesn't work for me that well, I guess. ;p But my son, god love him, adores this page, sticker sneeze and all, and that's what counts, right? What the heck, I may even go all out and add a few more stickers to really fill up that page. ;p
 Definitely NOT one of my favourites.

Have a wonderful Monday- it's Indian summer here today and I'm heading outside to take full advantage of this beautiful day. :)



15 comments:

JJ Sobey September 21, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

I think you're too hard on yourself sometimes (most of the time? :P )

I agree that the first iteration looks more like your style, but I don't think the second one looks like a sticker sneeze... :P

juliescrapbook September 21, 2009 at 12:34 PM  

I really like the first one. Not as much the latter. I think it's great that he prefers the second one! He does look Yo Cool!

Unknown September 21, 2009 at 1:09 PM  

you are way to hard on yourself. I like both of them and they capture his personality (and a bit of mom's too) so well!

famille1999 September 21, 2009 at 2:03 PM  

Yeah, you're too hard on yourself. I would have probably went with the first one myself but I like the funkyness of the second one. It looks more youthful I think and that's probably why your ds likes it best. :)

Jody September 21, 2009 at 2:42 PM  

I think the 1st one is more "you" but the 2nd page is great too.
Please Mel, you could create a page blindfolded and it would still be 10x better than what the rest of us could come up with :p

Anonymous,  September 21, 2009 at 4:39 PM  

You have such nice friends, I think the second page is ****** and the first one isn't at all ******

Barb September 21, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

Mel, you know me... I'm with Jody... I LOVE anything you make. Really. The first one is totally you (clean & simple and a cool silhouette!) and the second one is fresh and funky and totally FUN. Both are wonderful, just different... but that's a good thing.

Put it in your album and call it done already! :P

Unknown September 21, 2009 at 7:42 PM  

totally love your first one best mel, but like you said, bobby loves the second one and it's for him so good on you, you both win!!!

Ann Costen September 22, 2009 at 10:56 AM  

I think the first one is more "you" but I really like the second one too! It's more funky, more fun, which is probably why your son loves it!

Anonymous,  September 22, 2009 at 3:24 PM  

those *** are STARS not swear words! swear words look like this &#%$@%$ no?

Erin Morehouse September 23, 2009 at 11:32 PM  

They are both great- I liked the first one best, but after looking at them both for awhile, I like them both equally for different reasons ( but then again, I'm all about a good sneeze of product).

Tacha September 24, 2009 at 4:26 AM  

yes I agree with the others, your layouts are so "original" and beautiful !!!

nicole s September 25, 2009 at 12:53 AM  

I agree with everyone, you are too hard on yourself, and you are obviously a procrastinator AND a perfectionist! Good luck with that! It's true, it's all about the kids and if they love it, go with it. I must say the green background was very nice...but either one is cool.

Elizabeth September 27, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

I love both, but for different reasons--#1 because it is more subdued and pleasing to the adult eye, and #2 because your son loves it
: )

KathyT September 28, 2009 at 5:37 PM  

I love them both - the first one because it's cleaner in a funky way and the second one because your son likes it LOL!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!