Long weekend plans..
08 October 2009
It's (Canadian) Thanksgiving here this weekend, so I'm going to be busy, busy with the kids off tomorrow and Monday. I'm hoping to go apple picking tomorrow with them if it doesn't rain. And I'm cooking a ginormous traditional turkey dinner for us which we'll have on Monday, since I have to work over the weekend. I love cooking Thanksgiving dinner, and usually go all out with way too much food. This year it's the usual turkey, cranberries, mashed potatoes, mashed turnips, & brocolli/cauliflower casserole for the main course, with homemade pumpkin pie and a cheesecake of some sort for dessert. Here's to another 5 pounds gained... my mouth is watering just typing it out! And the weather is decidedly fall-ish and perfect. The leaves are coming down at a rapid pace now, and I need to get out and take some photos before they're gone.
I've been busy with assignments, but here's one I can show you of my 4th Grader. He had some issues last year, which made us think we needed to hold him back, but so far this year, he's doing fantastic, and I'm so happy and relieved that I needed to do a layout about it.
Have a wonderful holiday weekend, and if it isn't one where you live, hope it's great all the same!
21 comments:
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to YOU and YOUR LOVED ONES!
Your page is fantastic, love the design, colors, sweet pic...how does it go again=> "Great minds....;-)"
Turkey for us too on Monday! It's my son's 12th birthday so there's going to be a big cake to go with it. Mmmm. Love your page. I'm a sucker for that green and brown. It will be the colour combo for my new kitchen in 2010. Have a great Thanksgiving week-end.
Great page, glad he's doing well, that's always a relief! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!
Hey, I'm glad your son is doing better this year. That's awesome. It's hard not to worry about them when your mommy senses are tingling... sometimes they just need time and/or a fresh start with a new teacher... other times, you need to take action. Anyway, good for him for settling right into grade 4! :)
And Mel, I love your page. I'm glad you could share a wee bit of non-assignment work here.
Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the beautiful weather.
happy thanksgiving mel, turkey and the family here on monday too, love turkey with all the trimmings it makes the house smell sooooooooooo good!
glad noah is doing so much better, i think you made the right decision about work! oh great lo too!
happy thanksgiving mel, turkey and the family here on monday too, love turkey with all the trimmings it makes the house smell sooooooooooo good!
glad noah is doing so much better, i think you made the right decision about work! oh great lo too!
ok sorry about the 2 posts, i guess it looked like it didn't work the first time so i hit submit again!!! ;)
If you end up with too much turkey, I can bring you my tupperware to fill... I'm just sayin'... ;)
It is so good when school life is stress free...glad your 4th grader is having a good year...look at that smile!
Love the page...supplies please ;)
and I need to work out how to do a drop shadow on my pages...do you scan or photograph?
So many questions :)
happy thanksgiving girl! i hope the meal turns out well!
love that layout!
Wow I love your layout!
Wow! I'll let you know next time I visit Canada on Thanksgiving! :lol:
Happy Thanksgiving, love your new layouts :)
Happy Thanksgiving! My mouth's watering, too! ;-) I love the colors you used on your layout which, btw, is great!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Mel!
Sounds like a yummy menu :)
Adorable page, love the Jillybean pp so!
Je te le redis ici , j'aime énormément ta page.
Désolée d'écrire en Français , mais il est préférable à mon Anglais très basic.
Bon thanksgiving !!
Love the layout.
Happy Thanksgiving to you too....no pumpkin pie here as Ad is the only one who likes it but we've cheesecake as well.
hi miss mel.
happy thanksgiving!
i hope you have a wonderful celebration...the food sounds incredible.
and i LOVE that layout so much. glad all is well with noah!
miss you.
xoxo
Hi
just surfing on your blog to discover your last layouts.
Congrat's
Hime - from France
Friggin' great page!
Happy Gobble Gobble Day to you, eh.
Great Layout Melanie!
We'd love to feature it over at Jillibean Soup. Can you email me at kimbermcgray@gmail.com
Thanks!
kimber
your layout is so beautiful, happy thanksgiving !!
Post a Comment