Credenza love

 13 September 2009



I haven't been very bloggy lately. I'm sorry.


Since the kids went back to school, ( so far, so good!) I've been happily enjoying my days off alone, and slowly but surely making a dent in the clutter that has invaded my house over the past year. I'm happy to say that I'm winning the battle so far. But when I'm not cleaning and sorting, I've been obsessively checking Craigslist every hour or so for one of these beautiful babies, and dreaming of the day that I find an original one in perfect condition, for under 35$ or less. Hahaha! So far no luck, but I'm patient. How I wish that the one pictured above was a photo of my living room...

You're probably wondering why I'm looking for another credenza after I posted I got this one for free back in the spring. I'm sad to say that it met an unfortunate end in my backyard, due to the copious amounts of rain we had back in June. I had covered it with a tarp, but one particularly gusty and rainy day, it blew off. I didn't notice it until a few days later, and by then the rain had sunk in, (I'm talking non-stop, huricane-like rain) warped it pretty badly, and the (yucky) veneer sides were coming unglued. I wasn't too sad though, since this wasn't a really good piece of furniture. I have my heart set on a real Danish teak credenza, and I'll keep looking for it until I find just the right one. In the meantime, I've made myself this Flickr mosaic to drool over. They're all so lovely that I can't decide which one I love best...kind of like having several children, who you love equally, even though they're all different and unique.





1. Untitled, 2. Jens Risom Credenza, 3. trendy, 4. Credenza, 5. Vintage Union Furniture MCM Credenza, 6. Jens Risom credenza!, 7. Stow Davis Credenza, 8. credenza, 9. Credenza in the morning, 10. cameras on credenza, 11. Untitled, 12. kent coffey dresser + mannequins

I'll be back soon with a challenge and a little give-away to make up for my absence... :)

thanks for reading!
xox

10 comments:

Barb September 14, 2009 at 5:28 AM  

Yikes... all that rain we had in June... that was something else! Oh well, I'm glad you got over it. :) Good luck with your search for a better one. :P

Welcome back to the land of blogging!

Graziella September 14, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

I remember the other credenza ... i was about to ask about that one, then i continued to read on.

i'm sure you'll come across another one soon enough.

you know, i may have a "credenza-like" one of those in my garage ... gotta check it out now.

... always love to read your blog, mel.

-Grace

Caro September 14, 2009 at 9:25 AM  

Oh Mel!!!
If I'd a known!!! I saw one yesterday in someone's trash on the curb! :(

Unknown September 14, 2009 at 9:34 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown September 14, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

Caro!! Go back and see if it's still there, lol!!
I wish I lived closer to you.. we could scrounge together. ;p

famille1999 September 14, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

Good luck with the rest of your purge and for your search! :)

Agata September 14, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

I hope one day you'll find what you're looking for! ;) I'm looking forward to your challenge!!!

nicole s September 15, 2009 at 2:11 AM  

I love pottering alone and clearing out clutter. That's pretty much my ideal holiday - To stay at home and just do what I want. I really like the photo collage you made with all the credenza thingys. Looks very cool in itself! How you doing?

Jody September 15, 2009 at 5:57 AM  

I always think of the song from "The Cat In The Hat" cartoon about the three-handled moss-covered family credenza everytime you mention that word. lol
Those are some gorgeous credenzas...hope you find one :)

Unknown September 18, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

you are a crazy kook with your credenza love mel! ;) but that's what makes you so you! ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!