Hello...

 20 July 2009

So, yeah... it's been more than a month since I posted anything here. A huge thank you to everyone who emailed me, concerned about my health and well being, since I seemed to pretty much drop off the face of the earth these past weeks! I had family visiting in June and July, ( a rare occurence, since they all lve in far off places) and was kept very busy entertaining, cooking, chauffeuring, and sight-seeing. It was great fun, if not exhausting, so once my brother and his kids left last week, we hotfooted it up north that same day for a week of much needed R&R. I did absolutely nothing but snooze, eat, drink, read, and repeated that formula pretty much every day- no internet, no tv. Absolutely 100% unplugged, and I survived. The kids and hubs fished, fished and fished, and caught nothing to speak of. ;p Our weather was not so great, with lots of rain and cold- so cold that we had to turn on the heat a few nights, in MID -JULY folks. It got warmer towards the middle of the week, so I did manage to do a bit of dock sitting and just look out at the beautiful lake. I wish everyone could experience that kind of medicine when they're as burnt out as I was.


This will be a photo heavy post, because I've taken a million and one photos in the past month, so here goes...


'Ovechkin' and 'Brodeur' fishing. It was all about the fishing. The big one eluded them though.



canoeing on the lake while Mom hovered on the dock, stressed that they'd tip over. They didn't.

Paddleboating on a semi-sunny day.


My attempt at a sunless 'sunset' shot. The clouds never quite went away all week.




Two of my 3 obsessed fisherman.



I have many more Lake photos that I won't bore you with. Or maybe I will, once I get them uploaded and sorted through. ;)


I love this shot I took of Bobby playing baseball one night a few weeks back. I took it through the chainlink fence with my 85 mm lens, and miraculously, you can't see the fence at all. This lens is such a beauty. I kiss it often.




This is my brother's daughter, who I haven't seen since she was a wee baby. To say I was obsessed with taking her photo would be a bit of an understatement.. She's such a beauty, and all I could think about were the girly layouts I could do... :p








And my adorable nephew... he's 3, and all boy- could eat this kid up with a spoon!




Last but not least, a shot of my fashion concious pre-teen... he's getting huge. Feet are bigger than mine now, size 10's. Geez.



Here's a few layouts I did recently, which you may or may not have seen on the WCS site. The first was done for the July colour theme, and the 2nd was a sketch/ad inspiration from my dear friend & scrapper extraordinaire Linda.





Have I redeemed myself? Here's hoping I can make it back here before another month passes... ;p



Thanks for reading!

19 comments:

Barb July 20, 2009 at 3:33 PM  

Sooooooo happy you've updated, Mel! :)

And so very pleased you've had some family time and some R&R with a smaller circle of family members to recover. Yes, the weather has sucked, but it looks like you managed to make the best of it. Love love LOVE your pics. All of 'em.

And thank you for the comments over at 2peas. You put a smile on my face this morning. :)

Agata July 20, 2009 at 3:55 PM  

So glad to read you, again! I'm happy for your R&R week! Thanks for sharing all these awesome pictures and LOs! Waiting for more (and why not the girly ones, too!)

Ursula,  July 20, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

MELANIE! MELLY-MELS! SO Happy to hear from you! Look forward to seeing you on Saturday! The lake looks like somethign we all could have used about now! Lucky you!

See you soon
Ursula

Jody July 20, 2009 at 5:00 PM  

I for one am glad you are "back"
and glad you got some much needed R & R!
Gorgeous pages!!!

Unknown July 20, 2009 at 9:12 PM  

your niece looks a lot like you mel, she's adorable, glad you had some r & r and that you had a good time with your family visitors! :)

juliescrapbook July 20, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

Great to have news from you. Enjoy your vacation.

Graziella July 20, 2009 at 10:44 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Graziella July 20, 2009 at 10:50 PM  

great you're bloggin' again, mel.

love your pics of all the kids, glad to hear you had a well rested week off away from the busy city.

looking at you jazzfest layout reminded me that i need to make a page myself since we went down to see the jazz band on the last day. there were 3 students from our daughter's (allie) high school that were playing that day.

see you at the store one day ...

-Grace

Paige Taylor Evans July 21, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

Beautiful photos and awesome layouts! I need one of them communicationless vacations right about now :)

Tacha July 21, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

I am so glad to read you and to see your beautiful layout and pictures again !!! All is wonderful, especially your first layout
Well done !!

KathyT July 22, 2009 at 9:00 PM  

That's the kind of vacation I need, but that's not the kind of vacation I'm taking!! Glad you recharged, love the pics and the layouts and the update!

nicole s July 27, 2009 at 9:16 AM  

Okay, so I am really mad that this post is dated the 20th and it is now the 27th! How did this happen? How did I miss your triumphant return? Well, it's a great post, love all the photos, your niece is stunningly cute, and your photos of her are perfect! Glad you had some R&R up North. I so remember the lakes and the 'cottage country'. Looking forward to more layouts from you soon - love that first one!! And second one, too.

moon July 27, 2009 at 9:42 AM  

i missed you, girl!
so glad you're back and re-energized and well rested and...
scrapping!
beautiful layouts, mel...

Unknown July 28, 2009 at 10:53 AM  

Such awesome photos! And your niece looks like Noah! Looks like you guys had fun.

lisa dickinson July 28, 2009 at 12:42 PM  

i'm so happy you are back, but yeah you needed a break! and the next time you think you need to pull yearbook duty, just email me....i'll talk you out of it, ok?? :)

Linda Beeson July 28, 2009 at 1:36 PM  

So loving the simplicity of those two layouts! I might need to scraplift them!

cassiopée... July 28, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

i love the simplicity and the colors of those layouts!

Claude July 30, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

Gorgeous layouts, Mel!

candice12 July 31, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

salut Mel

j'étais au Québec depuis le début du mois de juillet et j'ai vraiment pu expérimenter les températures désastreuses et la pluie !
de retour en France, j'ai retrouvé chaleur et soleil... mais aussi le travail !

bises

sev

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!