back to the land of the living
13 June 2009
Well, I've survived what has quite possibly been the busiest month of my entire life, and the most sleep deprived as well.
Since I last posted here, I have packed, moved, and then unpacked my Dad into his new apartment, managed by some miracle to get the Grade 6 yearbook finished VERY under the gun, all the while trying to maintain our crazy busy lives. And all this being done mostly without my dh around, who was away on numerous long business trips all month, the start of baseball season for both kids, and my regular job. I've had to come up with some pretty creative and last minute ideas about how to pick the kids up from daycare after work @ 5:30, get them home to feed them, and out the door by 6:05 to two different parks at the same time without the better half here to help. Haha! There were some days I thought I would be certifiable if the chaos kept up any longer.
I haven't had a second to think about scrapbooking, or taking photos, or gardening, or doing anything for myself this past month. I'm so happy that it's all over. Now I can get back to my own life. It was a draining project, much bigger and challenging than I originally thought it would be. I'm happy to have done it, because I would never go back on my word, but there were many times that I was this close to wanting to ditch the entire thing. And so,I'm marking my words here: I will never take on a project like that ever again!
Here's a card I made for one of my AC projects for last month. I really think I was subconciously making this for myself at the time. ;)
I'll be back soon, once my house looks less like a hurricane came through it...
19 comments:
Hey Mel, I'm glad you survived. :)
I love your card. It's so pretty. And I do hope you'll feel better soon. lol
Congrats on finishing the yearbook. I'm sure it rocks. :)
And I hope your dad is liking his new place.
HUGE (((hugs))) <3
glad you survived it, mel!
i'm sure it'll be the best yearbook to date.
:)
Welcome back to the land of the living - missed you!
Hey! Welcome back! This is a gorgeous card! I just love it. And I'm pretty sure that the yearbook is awesome!
Hopefully, with school almost over now you'll find a little bit more time to relax. At least I hope you can. =)
bravo, mel ... knew you can do it. i quite certain your yearbook is fabulous!
love your card ...
enjoy the rest of june and the upcoming summer!
- grace
Hi there! I'm glad it's all over now... And I hope you'll feel better soon! ;-) The card is beautiful!
Welcome back to your typically normal, crazy life instead of your out-of-control crazy life :)
And what a strikingly beautiful card, Mel.
love your card mel, so beautiful and glad you got your yearbook finished on time, i know you were fretting about it! :)
welcome back! i'm glad that yearbook is behind you!
You lived! And now you can come out and play again. ;)
Gorgeous Card Mel, glad you finished that project and can get on with your own things now. May I suggest peanut butter sandwiches eaten in the car? It's been done a few times over here... ;)
Beautiful card, Mel!
I love the card! Thanks for the comments on my blog today. Considering giving AC a try, but it is just so much different than Cosmo. I don't know. :(
LOVE that card! Now update this thing, would ya??
OH MY WORD... THIS CARD IS GORGEOUS! LOVE IT GIRL! I just love your blog.
lovely colours...know the feeling...
Dear Mel, please scrap and blog your latest pages. Thanks, your biggest fan :)
What a lovely card!
Post a Comment