Yes, I'm alive...
08 May 2009
I'm here! Sorry. I just stink at blogging on a regular basis... I'm still recovering from last weekend's NSD activities, and then my normal work week. I worked almost 30 hours in 2 days last weekend, so I was a bit of a vegetable after the fact. It was a fun, if exhausting 2 days, and I think most everyone had a great time. It's really cool to walk around a room full of 100+ scrappers, and see so many different styles of scrapping. Seeing people's stuff in person does not compare one iota to the internet, that always amazes me. So, even in my exhausted state, after I finally got home late Saturday night I felt inspired to scrap, but sleep won out over creativity, I'm afraid. I haven't had time to do any scrapping since then, and I miss it. I have some ideas in my head, but just no time to sit and work them out. I also got a DT box full of some very beautiful American Crafts stamps last week, and haven't really had time to admire them. Maybe this weekend, between packing my Dad and working on the yearbook, I might have a second to scrap, but I'm not counting on it. I need to get going on that yearbook or I may be looking for a graphic designer who does 24 hour rush jobs. ;p
Some fun stuff happening here:
Did a bit of Ebay shopping a few weeks back for my birthday, and nabbed myself not one, but 2 Kate Spade bags. This is one of them. :) So cute and tiny, and I'm in love with it. I'm a huge KS fan and if I could afford it, I think I'd probably own a least 100 of her bags, they are pure gorgeousness.
seeing this guy next Tuesday night. Ben Harper is a genius, and the show ( sold out) is gonna ROCK. Have I mentioned that before Ray, I listened to BH almost exclusively for more than a year? Yeah, I'm obsessive like that. LOVE him. He's got a new album out, which I need to download from Itunes this weekend.
Still on the music topic, here' s Bobby a few Sundays ago, during his 1st 'non-official' guitar lesson with our (kind of) eccentric next door neighbour, who happens to play a very mean blues guitar. The lesson went really well, so I think we're going to try this for the summer, backyard style and relaxed. No pressure, and best of all, no driving back and forth to the lesson, lazy me. ;p
More music news, if you can stand it...
My concert 'hat trick' is complete for this year. :) We were lucky to get Green Day tickets on July 18th, and will be in the company of this gal and her dh, who I have yet to meet, but I have no doubt we will get on just fine. Can't wait to meet you Peg!
I"ll leave you with a pretty pic of a tulip from my garden, taken yesterday in the rain. I wish these bloomed year round, I love them so much.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
12 comments:
You're photos are fantastics !!!
having the same scrapping problems here...just cant get going...
This blog post could count as 5 so you're a great blogger, it's just more condensed! Tulips are my favorites too. I never heard of Kate Spade bags but I like what I see. My 11 year old wants to take guitar lessons. You're lucky that he's able to do this from home. Great photos!
Green with envy here for scoring those tickets.
And how cool to meet Peg too?
That tulip photo is fab!
Hey... how come you've already got tickets to see Green Day? I thought they were going on sale on Saturday??? I'll have to investigate this now.
I can see how you'd want more of those cute bags!!! This is too cute.
Thanks for the update Mel! And I can't wait to see something new from you on the scrap front. =)
Green Day? Now you're talkin'!
I hope you have a happy weekend!
Love the tulip!
Sounds like the guitar lessons will be a great idea!
Enjoy the concert! How fun!
I'm on pins and needles here waiting to see what happens with that yearbook project. It's so nice to know that there are other procrastinators like me out there! :)
Lovely photos and cute, cute bag. I'm a big Kate Spade fan too (though, honestly, I've never owned, ha!).
Love this tulip picture! Really beautiful!
Love that KS bag... must look into getting one for myself. :)
Love your tulip photo... and yes, I wish they bloomed over a longer season too.
Love the guitar photo... what a great arrangement to have the neighbour teach him.
Love that you've got two more concerts lined up. Enjoy!
Love the KS bag, love the photo of the guitar lesson and happy to hear that you are still hanging in there - just got to get that yearbook thing out of the way now...
Oooo nice purse! Enjoy it!
Post a Comment