bogged down...

 30 April 2009

I'm feeling quite like this right now :



I have way too much on my plate at the moment, and I'm feeling quite stressed out about all I have to do in the coming month. May is gonna be a rough one. I don't think I've mentioned it here on the blog that I took on the 'job' of designing the Grade 6 Yearbook ( my son is graduating this year from Elementary) and I really haven't had a whole lotta time to work on it. And yes, I've procrastinated, because I have a bad habit of leaving things to the last minute. The pressure usually gets me revved up and motivated, but I now have about a month + left to complete everything, and I feel panicked. To top it off, my Dad is moving at the end of the month, so trying to get him packed and organized in the midst of everything else is just really getting to me. He needs a lot of help because he really isn't able to do much on his own. I don't like to wish away time, but I'm looking very forward to the end of the school year when I can finally relax.


This Saturday is National Scrapbooking Day, (hey, I couldn't believe this actually was a real thing when I first heard of it!) and the store I work at is having a huge crop both Saturday and Sunday, (100 women each on both days) and that means I'll be at said crop, as a worker bee, and not enjoying some leisurely scrap time. WAH!! So, happy NSD to all of you.. I hope you can all find the time to enjoy creating something this weekend. I won't be posting a layout here Monday, just so ya know..... I probably won't want to look at scrap products for a while after it's all over. In fact, wish me luck that I won't feel the urge to stab someone with an exacto this weekend... ;p

10 comments:

JJ Sobey May 1, 2009 at 12:13 AM  

I'll try to stay out of your way if you're armed... :P

nicole s May 1, 2009 at 2:46 AM  

To funny about the exacto knife!! Hang in there though - you are certainly under a bit of pressure! Will be thinking of you this month!
Love that mood swing picture...

Josée May 1, 2009 at 7:29 AM  

Pauvre toi ,je compatise avec toi à 100 milles à l'heure. 100 femmes qui papottent ,toutes en même temps ,dans la même salle,j'suis pas sure que je pourrais passer à travers ça!!! La cacophonie ça me rend dingue!!

juliescrapbook May 1, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

I'll be at the crop on Saturday so I'll stay clear of you and your exacto knife!! I'll be good I promise.

Let me know how it goes with the yearbook. I was thinking of volunteering for next year when ds will be in grade 6.

Looking forward to seeing you.
Julie

Linda,  May 1, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

Put that xacto down! ;)

Many hugs and many kisses. I know how you are feeling.

Just remember that this too shall pass.

Nathalie (famille1999) May 1, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

Big hugs to you so everything falls into place! I might see you on Saturday. =)

Graziella May 1, 2009 at 1:46 PM  

Don't worry Mel. You'll come out on top. Pace yourself, don't go crazy . I will probably see you at the store, finally getting a chance to shop after this hectic tax season.

As for your yearbook, make sure the ladies are helping you out! You know where I am if you need an extra hand :)

Grace

Barb May 2, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

sorry you're feeling so stressed.
I hope the crop is going okay.
I have to work too, but fortunately,
I can do it from home.
I scrapped in honour of NSD.
Lifted our good friend, Moon.
happy nsd.
use templates for the yearbook.
I'm sure digi templates exist somewhere.
(((hugs)))

Ann Costen May 2, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

Eeeeks, there's a lot on your plate but hang in there! I know you will rock the yearbook with your rockin' design skills :)Good luck with moving your dad, he's very lucky to have you. P.S. Stay away from the x-acto knives :P

angelnathalie May 4, 2009 at 2:51 PM  

Hey Mel, Its me Nathalie B. Remember me from the Sunday crop. It's finally over and now its time to relax and enjoy yourself. It was really nice working with you yesterday. Hope to see you soon.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!