My baby is 12 today.

 03 April 2009

It's so cliché, but it really is true. Time passes us by in an instant.

I really cannot believe I have a 12 year old almost teenager today. I remember my Dad telling me when the kids were little that once they were in elementary school it would fly by, and that before I knew it , they'd be graduating from high school. Ok, I'm not quite there yet, but he was so right. Even though I see my kids every day, I sometimes look at them once they're finally in bed sleeping, and it boggles my mind how big they've gotten so fast. I wish I could make it slow down somehow, but on the other hand I feel so blessed to watch them grow into the wonderful boys they are today. Here's a photo of my birthday boy, taken last month sometime. This morning we were too rushed before school for me to get a pic, but I'll take one later today, probably more than one. He is going to LOVE the gifts we've got for him. Rock Band,( he will FREAK!) and an official Martin Brodeur hockey jersey, who is his hockey hero.


Sorry I haven't been able to update this week. It's been a rough one. I've had the most hectic week so far this year- hubby has been out of town, and I've had a ton of other stuff ( ie, real life) to attend to, so blogging has once again fallen by the wayside. I haven't forgotten about the give-away I promised, and I will do my best to get that posted this weekend, along with a layout or two I've managed to get done despite the chaos that has been my life the past week.


later!!



12 comments:

juliescrapbook April 3, 2009 at 10:58 AM  

I know exactly what you mean. Phil will turn 12 in the fall. I see him with his changed voice and shadow of a moustache and it freaks me out. I also sneak into my boys' rooms at night and look at them sleep - one of my favorite part of the day.

The photo is gorgeous!

Nathalie (famille1999) April 3, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

What a gorgeous shot of your ds! Time truly just flies by. A wonderfully happy birthday to your ds! I hope he enjoys his gifts. :)

And I hope that things slows down a bit for you next week.

Anonymous,  April 3, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

Happy birthday to your almost teenaged boy! He's a handsome 12-year old. The girls must be crazy about him. :P

I'm glad you're surviving the hectic pace of life and still managing to get some scrapping done. Can't wait to see your new pages... they're always guaranteed to make me smile. :)

Leanne Stamatellos April 3, 2009 at 5:34 PM  

He's a stunning boy - looks like you Melanie - best wishes to him and hope life slows down for you!

nicole s April 4, 2009 at 1:42 AM  

Believe it or not, 'real world' is more important than 'blog world' so take it slow, take it easy, look after yourself and your family, and don't worry about the blog! You sound a bit tired, like me! Hang in there. Have a good weekend.

Anonymous,  April 4, 2009 at 9:18 AM  

Quelle belle photo de ton aîné, Mel ! Tes photos sont toujours superbes et toujours un vrai régal ! Bonne fête à ton grand : c'est trop vrai qu'ils grandissent trop vite !

Nicole a entièrement raison : la vraie vie est plus importante que le monde du blog ou du scrap. Prendre une journée à la fois et vivre le moment présent sont mes mottos !

J'ai déjà hâte de voir tes nouvelles pages ... ;)

xoxo

Danielle

Agata April 4, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

Tiens! Tu dis exactement la même chose que moi il y a quelques posts... Anyway... Happy Birthday to your son! I love the picture, he's quite a model! ;-)

Jody April 4, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

Sounds like your "baby" will be having a great birthday!
Oh, to be 12 again :)

Diane April 4, 2009 at 7:54 PM  

Time certainly does pass way to fast!
Take care, relax and enjoy your weekend!

rocklady April 4, 2009 at 9:23 PM  

great photo bobby, happy belated birthday, hope you got spoiled rotten! just wait mel til he's old enough to leave home!!! ;)

Heather M. April 6, 2009 at 12:45 AM  

happy birthday to your boy! awesome, awesome photo!

moon April 6, 2009 at 9:17 AM  

Happy birthday, bobby!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!