Monday layout

 06 April 2009



I took this photo last summer one very foggy morning on the beach in Maine. Noah and I had gone down at low tide around 9am, and the fog was so thick I couldn't see him 3 feet in front of me. It was so beautiful, if you like that kind of thing. ;p I grew up in New Brunswick on the beach, and I spent my childhood in very foggy weather like this, so I was immediately reminded of home. It was fun, and he was fascinated by it. Got some great shots of him too that I still need to scrap.


Anyhoo, I took this pic of my friend and her kids meeting us on the beach a while later that morning as the sun came out and started to burn off the fog. I love how you barely see Mom coming out of the fog and how they're all staggered in the photo. She's not really a scrapbooker ( she journals with pics, and that's about it- no product) but I know she'll love having this layout as an addition to her photo album. I kept it simple for that reason, but I'm thinking it needs something added to it, like maybe a rub-on or something on the photo? Suggestions are welcome. :)


Ok folks, I'm off to clean my scrap table and find some goodies for that give-away. I know, it's taking me forever, but I will get around to it, promise! And I need to put up a new header too- this one is way past due.


have a great Monday!


20 comments:

Candice April 6, 2009 at 10:26 AM  

I love it as it is. Simple & lovely! That picture is just amazing.

juliescrapbook April 6, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

Love it. It's got a mystic feel to it. Love Maine. I'm going there this Friday for Easter. It's my home away from home.

melissa deakin April 6, 2009 at 1:11 PM  

this is so gorgeous, mel!
i think it is perfect!
you are amazing!

Nathalie (famille1999) April 6, 2009 at 1:13 PM  

Wow! Great picture! I love the eeiry feeling to it. And I wouldn't add anything to it. It's gorgeous the way it is. :)

Barb April 6, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

I love it... the beauty is in its simplicity. The only thing I might add is a simple brad (the same teal colour as the flower) to the left side of the one-line journalling. Even if you just reprint the journalling with a coloured bullet there, it'd add a touch of teal to that side of the page and finish off the visual triangle. :)

Good luck with the cleaning! ;)

Heather M. April 6, 2009 at 5:15 PM  

what an amazing photo and layout! i had no idea you grew up in nb!

nicole s April 6, 2009 at 5:42 PM  

it needs NOTHING!! Don't touch it. What an AWESOME photo. LOVE the grey with it.

Leanne Stamatellos April 6, 2009 at 5:47 PM  

very dreamy feeling layout Melanie!
don;t change a hting - i like the very simple feel of this!

Diane April 6, 2009 at 6:10 PM  

Im with Nicole...LEAVE IT!! Its perfect. What a brilliant photo. And love the new header too.

rocklady April 6, 2009 at 8:03 PM  

i wouldn't add a thing, it's gorgeous, mel, just the way it always is!

Unknown April 6, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

I love how understated this page is, and I agree with Barb that a teal-colored brad to the left of the journalling would finish it right off.

muse.sof April 7, 2009 at 7:11 AM  

wahoo Simply & lovely! this layout is very beautifull

Barb April 7, 2009 at 9:58 AM  

Oooooh Mel, I love your new banner! I went to look for our crocuses last week but soon discovered that a hungry bunny had eaten all the leaves and stems... and left me the flowers. *sigh*

Agata April 7, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

WOW! As always you get right to the essentials! This picture is so beautiful, the frozen motion... And all the other things are just where they should be! Love your new banner!

Jody April 7, 2009 at 3:06 PM  

I think it's perfect as is :)

lisa d April 8, 2009 at 12:30 PM  

so beautiful mel! i love the little bit of twine on there! :)

Tacha April 8, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

oh !! your layout is wonderful !!

Linda Beeson April 11, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

Wow, that is just plain stunning! The photo is so gorgeous and I just love the simplicity of the layout.

Stephanie April 14, 2009 at 7:35 PM  

Wow!
Gorgeous layout Mel!

S_U_F_69 April 17, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

Wow...so simple, yet so beautiful.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!