Good Friday give-away

 10 April 2009

I love Easter, because Spring is my favourite season. And I have a 5 day weekend ahead of me to enjoy lots of chocolate, warm weather, outside cleaning, some scrapping, and just general relaxing . I've got my Muskoka/Adirondack chairs out and ready, and will be doing some backyard sitting while I watch the kids and dh poop scoop and rake. Ahhhh.


In honour of Good Friday, and my 1 year blog-iversary (which has come and gone), I've gotten together a nice assortment of American Crafts goodies to send out to one lucky person. I have WAY too much for one person to ever use, so I'm sharing the wealth a bit.






Leave me a comment here telling me what's on your Easter menu this weekend, (food-wise or other) and I'll draw a name on Tuesday sometime. Internationals are welcome to enter. I didn't include paper for that reason, as I'm trying to keep this package envelope size in case it has to go overseas.



Have a blessed Easter everyone!

41 comments:

Stacey,  April 10, 2009 at 12:08 PM  

Happy Easter & "blogiversary". This weekend we will be relaxing, cleaning and definitely eating some chocolate!

Beth April 10, 2009 at 12:44 PM  

Happy Blogiversary ! I would so love that prize package! On our menu this weekend, we are going non-traditional with potato scallop-au-gratin, home-made meatballs,veggies and home-made apple pie (my hubby makes the best apple pies ever!)

Have a great Easter!

Tyra teeyasmine@hotmail.com,  April 10, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

Happy days to you. This year because we are economically depressed, we're having grilled chicken and whatever fresh veggies we find at the fruit market. No big extravagant Easter dinner this year.

Lauren April 10, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

Lately we've been going out to eat on Easter...but I drool every time I see the Honey Baked Ham commercials! I LOVE that sweet taste with the yummy ham!

Toni April 10, 2009 at 2:24 PM  

Happy Blogiversary to you!
Happy Blogiversary to you!
:)
Roasted rack of lamb and green salad for our family.

LauraP April 10, 2009 at 3:58 PM  

I'm doing Easter at my house this year, so I'm making it Simple!! :) Ham, rolls, carrots, green beans, corn souffle', and cheesecake for dessert!
Church is at 11. Easter Egg hunt at 1:00. Dinner at 4:00! (and hopefully some Spring-like weather here in Wisconin!)

~*~ Stephanie ~*~ April 10, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Happy bloggy 1 year and happy Easter!

We don't do a lot for Easter but we do get to spend time with my parents late in the afternoon for dinner!

Unknown April 10, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

happy easter and blogiversary mel, love your giveaways! :) an egg hunt for the kids, margueritas for the adults and roast beef and yorkshire pudding is on the menu with a cheesecake for dessert!

JJ Sobey April 10, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

Chocolate, and lots of it! LOL! We're doing an easter egg hunt with family friends, so it's gonna be a sugar high day for sure!

Heather M. April 10, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

wow, what a sweet giveaway, mel!

well, since we decided to stick around home this weekend instead of heading up to visit our families, we're just having a small ham and maybe some scalloped potatoes - nothing too exciting but we need a weekend to just rest and recooperate after everything.

i hope you have a wonderful weekend! happy easter!

Jo.A April 10, 2009 at 7:00 PM  

Hi Mel, Happy Bloganniversary to you, well done.
This Easter is going to be packed with fun and excitement for the kids. Each day we are having a BBQ with friends, the kids will play and swim in the pool and the parents get to RELAX! I love ctaching up with friends at this time. We are taking the kids to the Easter show which is a HUGE carnival type event here in Sydney with rides, showbags, horse riding and farm animals. I can't wait to see the excitement on my kids faces when we arrive!
I hope you get to relax too :)

Anonymous,  April 10, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

Happy Easter. After church, we'll be gathering with about 15 members of my husband's family for dinner at his brother's. They live in a woods, and it is still not green here. All our children are young adults or adults so there will not be any muddy Easter eggs hunts this year. We will eat well, however. Ham, potatoes, broccoli casserole, bread, and whatever yummy dessert my MIL chooses to bring. Each holiday we gather at a specified house, and each family has a specified assignment. Mine is vegetable for Easter, I host at Christmas, and I bring pies for Thanksgiving.

carriegel April 10, 2009 at 11:25 PM  

I don't have any idea what we are having for Easter Dinner. I am flying in from a vacation with my sister on Saturday. I am sure I will think of something.

Geralyn April 11, 2009 at 12:08 AM  

I don't think we're having a special Easter dinner, although there's a special service at church :) Hopefully I can eat some chocolate! hehe...

Thanks for this wonderful giveaway! Happy Easter!

Crystal April 11, 2009 at 1:54 AM  

Hey, Mel! Happy Blogiversary to you!!

We will attend sunrise service at church on Sunday morning, have breakfast with the youth group and then dinner with DH's family. Corn souffle' and lettuce salad with pears and brie will my contributions.

Happy Easter to you!

nicole s April 11, 2009 at 3:03 AM  

ooh ooh, include me please!! You know how much we pay for AC stuff here in Aust so this would be the best ever! Okay, so menu...ummm..chocolate eggs is about it. Though we did have fresh strawberry waffles this morning for breakfast. I have a pair of muskoka chairs too. Are yours white? Are our whole lives coordinating or what? :)

dani. April 11, 2009 at 4:15 AM  

Happy blog-aversary Mel.
My easter will be spent in the tropics in Queensland Australia! NICE!!!

Diane Herman via the daughters laptop :)

Anonymous,  April 11, 2009 at 6:42 AM  

Congrats on your blog aniversary. We will be enjoying roast pork and loads of cilmate, time to plant chocolate found in our egg hunt. We are enjoying autum here in Australia and I love the mild climate,its agreat time to plant bulbs and enjoy moderate weather. Enjoy I love your blog. Colleen.

Maureen,  April 11, 2009 at 7:46 AM  

Happy Easter Mel :)
We will have Easter dinner tonight (ham, mashed potatoes, asparagus, squash and carrots.
Tomorrow, we will be at my mom's and she will have a more relaxed version...ham, rolls, potato salad, and lots of desserts (I'm making lemon squares, carrot cake, and chocolate cream pie).....and that is why we are having the big hot dinner here....my girls love a big sit down dinner and leftovers :)

Cass April 11, 2009 at 8:07 AM  

Mmmmm.... chocolate Easter eggs... ;)

Amy Alvis April 11, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

Happy Easter and Blog-anniversary!

Today I'll be walking 10 mi in preparation of doing a 1/2 marathon in 3 weeks. For Easter the family will probably go out to lunch.

juliescrapbook April 11, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

Hello from Maine. I'm spending Easter at my best friend"s house in Maine. Like every year, we will enjoy a stroll on the beach in the morning followed by a big Easter brunch with her family where there will be the famous honey glazed ham and incredible homemade buns.... Mmmmmm. Dh is making an almond pie (galette des rois) for dessert. Good times. I'm off shopping at Michael's and AC Moore today. I've got coupons!! Have a wonderful Easter.

Anonymous,  April 11, 2009 at 10:50 AM  

Happy Easter and blog anniversary. I am a fan of your scrap style. Clean with a wonderful focus on the pictures! I am celebrating my birthday this weekend, so will be spending lots of time with friends and family. My favourite way to spend time.

Marianne from Ottawa

Tacha April 11, 2009 at 11:22 AM  

Hello,
I'm not so good in english writing, sorry for that. My Menu is french cooking this WE, for my sun birthday. Based on chocolate as desert, and good french barbecue
Have a nice week-end

Jenn April 11, 2009 at 1:36 PM  

We have 3 easter egg hunts and 2 dinners to go to between today and tomorrow. Busy, busy, busy. The kids had fun coloring eggs this morning.

Agata April 11, 2009 at 4:08 PM  

Happy "blogiversary" to you! And long live this blog!!! Well, this Easter will have "menu-wise" some salmon... And otherwise, some care taking of me since I'm sick :-/ I don't even feel like a good coffee with some good Swiss chocolate! Terrible! Fortunately, there's some sun out there! Enjoy your long weekend!!!

Josée April 11, 2009 at 5:01 PM  

Joyeux anniversaire pour ton blog et pour toi, même si je ne sais pas la date exacte.
Au menu pour le diner de Pâques: Jambon ,oeufs,sirop d'érable,tarte aux sucres et grands-pères.Comme à la cabane `sucre et pleins de calories que je vais avoir sur la conscience!!!

Joyeuses Pâques Mel,
Josée

Barb April 11, 2009 at 7:36 PM  

Happy Easter! Happy Blogaversary!

I was in your part of the world on the weekend... visiting with Nathalie and Co. Too bad we were in a rush to get back home... our furnace died on Thursday night, and we had to come back to turn on the gas fireplace and space heaters for our poor kitty. Brrrrrr!

On the menu this weekend: I think my MIL is cooking ham. :)

julie April 12, 2009 at 2:33 AM  

Chicken on the BBQ and chocolate fondue

Anonymous,  April 12, 2009 at 1:48 PM  

Bonjour Mel ! QUelle belle perspective : 5 jours de congé !! Ici, c'est 4 jours de congé et quel plaisir !

Au menu ce soir, quand nous recevons notre famille ... On a décidé d'être non-traditionnel ... On a une fondue bourguignonne, yum-yum !!! Rafael a fait des gâteaux, mes siblings apportent un supplément au repas, les tables sont prêtes à accueillir 14 personnes dans notre dînette ! Beaucoup de plaisirs et de rires en vue ! Je te souhaite une belle journée de Pâques et 2 autres beaux jours de congé !

SVP, ne met pas mon nom pour le tirage : ton prix est beau mais je n'en ai vraiment pas besoin !

Danielle
xoxo

Gina Carvallo April 12, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

Happy Easter!
We don't have any special menu, I will prepare some soy hamburgers, rice & vegetables and a yummy dessert.
Congratulations for your blog-irversary!

Wendy April 12, 2009 at 4:06 PM  

Hope your easter was fab!!!! i had a wonderful family dinner at my parents house and she cooked the biggest turkey i have ever seen!!! turkey leftovers for the rest of the week i think!!!! lol.

DebW April 12, 2009 at 7:15 PM  

Happy Blogiversary!!

Our Easter menu depends on my call schedule-if I do or don't get called in to work...if I don't then it's pork tenderloin, au gratin potaoes, red cabbage, a veggie and carrot cake for dessert. If I do get called in then it's pb&j for dh, poor guy!!

Linda-H,  April 12, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

Our Easter menu was not really traditional. We had steaks, baked potatoes, salad, rolls, green beans and corn.

Hope you had a nice Easter!
Linda-H

susy April 12, 2009 at 10:16 PM  

Happy Easter and 1st blogiversary.
We did sushi for Easter.
a little different than the traditional roast we normally have but it was quite a warm day and the sushi was so yummy.
cheers,
Sue.

Claude April 12, 2009 at 11:32 PM  

Ooh, how nice of you to share! :)

We took out the BBQ for the first time this year and made tournedos. I know, not very Easter-like, but very tasty nonetheless!

Ash April 12, 2009 at 11:35 PM  

Wow, that's a very exciting pile of stuff :) Super nice of you to give it away like that!

Well since Easter has coincided with my birthday this year, I've done a lot of celebrating. Thursday night I had a supper with my boyfriend's family, Friday night with friends, and this morning I had a brunch with my parents. We also did a small egg hunt on Thursday with clues, which was really fun.

Hope you're having a great weekend!!

Anonymous,  April 13, 2009 at 1:45 AM  

Easter here is simply ALL about the Eggs. chocolate ones of course. We are spending Easter Sunday at the Sydney Royal Easter Show. Huge, Loud, Noisy and fun. the kids are SO excited and I like to include myself with the kids.

I would seariously LOVE some AC stuf. All scrapping stuff is super expensive here and I could really use something new to "inspire" me as winter approaches.

Thanks for the opportunity.
Jenny S
Sydney Australia

Nathalie (famille1999) April 13, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

On the menu for Easter dinner: baked ham with mashed potatoes, glazed baby carrots and peas. Some nice shrimp appetizers with a yogourt, lemon and mint sauce, a couple of bottles of wine and a white cake with fruits for dessert. There might have been a couple of little chocolate here and there but not that much. Oh and a big box of Kleenex with lotion for this girl's runny nose! LOL

I hope that you had a great time with your family Mel!!! :)

res April 14, 2009 at 5:38 AM  

hey melanie... love to win... we are camping for easter... so its very very casual... and chocolate eggs! renee

Melanie,  April 14, 2009 at 1:50 PM  

We have roast beef on Easter and trout on Easter Monday. I also baked a carrots & nut cake and we will certainly eat some smoked salmon with hard boiled eggs. Unfortunately, I cannot get all the herbs to do a family recipe of green sauce for the eggs.
Thank you for sharing!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!