It's Ray day!!!

 14 April 2009

Tonight's the night I finally go to see Ray Lamontagne, and I'm beside myself with anticipation. I've been obsessively listening to this album for weeks on end now, and I can safely say that it's probably one of my most favourite records of all time, which is saying alot. I'm very picky about my music, but this album is a masterpiece, and Mr. Lamontagne is a genius. All three of his albums are in fact fantastic- his lyrics, his voice, the sheer rawness of the songs, it all puts me over the edge, in a good way, of course. :) I'm hoping the venue will be intimate, and above all, that the sound will be good. Nothing worse than seeing a show, and having crappy sound. From everything I've heard and read, he is AMAZING in concert, and I know I will be blown away. It's going to be GOOD. :)

As far as scrap related stuff goes, I was reading my Aussie buddy Nicole's blog over the Easter weekend, and I was inspired to try to scrap some pics the way she describes in her latest post about photo collages. I won't explain it here, she does a much better job of it, so go read it if you're interested. She's an awesome simple scrapper with a great eye. I don't normally scrap this way with a photo collage (although I have on a few occasions gone the Flickr mosaic route), and I wanted to try it to see if I could get my pics printed out in a more economical fashion, since I tend to waste a lot of photo paper. So I came up with this layout, and did 2 versions, which look very different.( the AC paper butterfly looks smooshed b/c of the scan but it's really pop-dotted and 3-d). Amazing what changing the title can do huh? I didn't like how I placed the digital title on the first one, and ended up cutting it off, only to replace it later, lol. So I printed out another copy of the pics, added a thickers title, changed the journaling a bit to fit the title, and I did 2 pages in less than 2 hours, which is darned fast for me. I may get addicted to scrapping this way. ;) And if you hadn't noticed, I'm on a beachy kick right now. I have so many photos I haven't scrapped from last year, and I'm also feeling a bit melancholy that we most likely won't be going to Maine this year, so I need to get it out of my system I guess.










Ok, I'll be back in a little bit to post the winner of the giveaway as soon as can get a sec to gather up the names. My kids are still on Easter break, and we're going to attempt to bake me a cake for my birthday tomorrow. I know, it's kinda sad that I'm baking my own cake, but I do believe if you want something done your way, then you gotta do it yourself, right?

Be back in a bit!

10 comments:

Linda,  April 14, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

Woohoo for Ray Day! And Happy Almost Birthday. If I were truly a good friend, I'd *make* you a card, and send it with some goodies, but uh, yeah. ;) What I mean is, it will take time. Please be patient.

Love both layouts. And I love that method of photo collage too. Pretty much how I do all my photo collages, because really, I hate all my trimmers. They can't cut straight.

Off to read your other posts. I'm trying to be productive today. Hee.

Barb April 14, 2009 at 3:02 PM  

Have fun at the concert... I hope it's everything you're hoping it will be. :)

And yes, I was on Nicole's blog earlier and LOVED what she did with the collages. Your page turned out great, Mel! The titles both look great, but it is amazing how much it changes the overall look of the page.

juliescrapbook April 14, 2009 at 3:46 PM  

Have a blast at your concert. Thanks for allowing me to discover a new scrapbooker. Love her style. Gorgeous LO of the beach!

rocklady April 14, 2009 at 4:49 PM  

love both your los mel, but i think i'm loving the second one more! :)

Heather M. April 15, 2009 at 12:40 AM  

Happy Birthday, Mel!

Love your layouts! I love photo collages so much!

Heather M. April 15, 2009 at 12:40 AM  

oh and i hope the concert was awesome! i'm curious to hear what you thought of it!

Agata April 15, 2009 at 9:28 AM  

Well, I've heard of someone who put "You're never as well served as by yourself" on her cake!!! LOL! Anyway, in Poland it is totally normal that you do your own cake since you share it with friends you invited. Plus you get a slice, too! And plenty of nice comments ;-)

Love your layouts, the second one slightly better, it's the melancoly thing I guess...

Oh, and a very Happy Birthday to you!!!

Diane April 16, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

These are fantastic Mel. What paper are they printed on? Did you do the journaling in elements?

susy April 16, 2009 at 10:25 AM  

Love the layouts and the photos on them
cheers,
Sue.

candice12 May 1, 2009 at 2:52 AM  

quelles splendides photos, ça donne envie d'aller à la mer !

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!