a Friday the 13th funny, and some random schtuff.
13 March 2009
So you guys all know by now that I work in a scrapbook store, right? One of my jobs there is to receive all the merchandise that comes into the store, which means having to deal with the UPS and Fed-Ex guys who deliver them, and I've come to know them since I see them on a daily basis. So this morning, I see a Fed-Ex truck pull up in front of my house to deliver a package, and I'm thinking it's probably one of my layouts being returned to me. Now, since I'm sitting here in ugly mismatched pj's and glasses ( I wear contacts most of the time), haven't showered, and generally look like something the cat just dragged in, I hesitate to answer the door. But then I have a thought that he won't leave the package, and that I'll end up having to go pick it up somewhere, so I run downstairs to open the front door, only to be confronted by the SAME FED-EX GUY who delivers the boxes at work. Jeez. Talk about embarrassing.
He was peeking into the little window in the door, and I guess I surprised him, because he seemed flustered and felt the need to apologize. Or else he was so taken aback by seeing me at the door looking like crap that he just didn't know what to say. Needless to say, I was so mortified that I wanted to just slam the door in his face and run back upstairs. I signed for the box after mumbling something about it being my day off and apologizing for my horrendous appearance, and then hastily shut the door. UGH. Can you say awkward? And what are the odds it would be the same guy?! I'm dreading seeing this dude at work next week and hoping he won't be gauche enough to crack jokes about how I look so, um... different at home. ;p
I'm scrapping a page for my Monday post that is using this gorgeous colour combo:
It's called 'Grecian Resort' and I found it on the Color blog listed on my sidebar. If you haven't checked it out, it's a great resource for beautiful colour combos and inspiration. This one has been on my table for a while now, and I'm so fed up with living in Iceland that I needed some summery colours to help get me through the next few weeks, as it doesn't seem to be warming up here anytime soon. Feel free to use it if you're inspired by it. :)
Isn't this room just fantastic? I loved this site and the magazine. Always such beautiful rooms and ideas for when I win the big bucks on the 649 ( That's our lotto here) and can finally put an addition on the back of my tiny house. I just love the feel of this room with all the light, and that giant blackboard. I was so sad to hear that they're ceasing publication thsi month. That now make 2 of my favourite magazines that are gone because of this crappy economy. It sucks. :(
ER. Have you been watching it this year? I've watched since the beginning but lost interest when all the original cast left a few years ago (I was so upset when they killed off Mark Green), and only started watching it again last year. It's been fantastic this season,and last night's episode with all the old cast (Clooney!) just made it awesome. So sad to see it go.
And finally, a card I made for my good friend Melissa a little while back to welcome her sweet new baby boy Jackson. I love this AC baby line, and even though I don't have babies of my own anymore, I'm very tempted to use it to do an album for my boys, but that would be a huge undertaking, and not something I have time for right now. Someday!
Have a great weekend, and I'll be back Monday to share my orange layout.
15 comments:
Oh man, your Fex-Ex guy story totally sounds like something that would happen to me. EEKS! I'm sure he's seen a lot of people wearing pj's and looking disheveled with the job he has. Hopefully it won't be too awkward next week.
Love that colour combo! You always use the most gorgeous combinations. And that card is soooo sweet!
oh my, two posts in one week?! :P
I love the colour combo. I might just have to give it a whirl. :)
And your story about the fedex guy made me LOL. sorry.
gorgeous colour combo
gorgeous room
and of course a gorgeous card.
Tell the fedex guy it was your older sister that was staying with you.
I agree..that room looks so light and fresh!! And the card is super cute too. I need to get some new AC pp.
BUT you didn't tell us...what was in the box ?
LOL Di- It was indeed one of my layouts being returned.. nothing exciting enough for that embarassment. ;p
Très drôle ! dans ces cas là, c'est pratique de pouvoir envoyer quelqu'un d'autre de la maison répondre à la porte !
J'aime beaucoup cette photo de salle à manger : exactement la couleur de ma table et de mes chaises !
et j'aime beaucoup ta bannière !
bisous Mel
sev
Ah - you're not alone - I greet the delivery guys in PJ's all the time. :P
ER - it's not easy being Green... I stopped watching a few years ago too.
Never liked answering the door bell in the morning, either... :P Well, the idea oh an older sister seems perfect! I'm all curious about your LO with these beautiful colors, be back on Monday!!! And such a cute card you made, wow! Melissa is lucky to have you for a friend... Thanks for your comment on my blog and saying that my pages are "pure bonbon". Very nice of you!
Mel, that fed Ex guy event happens to me most days when I am home. I make a child answer the a door if they are home, and sign for the box if possible! I suggest totally dressing up in high heels, with a new hair do, and lots of sparkly jewellery to go to work next week, and when Fed Ex shows up, say, "Oh I heard you ran into my twin sister the other day"...
LOVE that huge blackboard.
Great story. I bet he's cute too!
Love your card.
love the kitchen, wish i had me one of those, have watched er from the get go and i agree, it's so much fun having all the old cast members come back for a last episode & pretty card mel! and doesn't everyone answer the door in the early morning to the fedex guy in their pjs!!! ;)
hi melanie!
love the kitchen, ADORE the baby card, and I bet you didn't look as bad as you think you did. the fedex guy has probably "seen it all!" :)
miss you!
Was the Fed Ex guy hot? ;)
Oh wait, UPS guys are supposed to be hot.
That's a quality story. I'm sure you looked great though :)
And I just love the title of your post, especially the word "Schtuff". I'm gonna have to use that one.
OMFrig! I love www.colourlovers.com! I remember squealing with delight when I found it. Great baby card, btw!
Post a Comment