call me weird, but I DO like Mondays...
09 March 2009
mostly due to having Mondays off, I'm sure. I love being able to send the kids on their not-so- merry way to school, and enjoying that calm quiet in the house after the morning craziness of trying to get them out the door on time. Our start time here is 8:10 am, so it's always the mad dash for us 'non-morning' type people.
We had some beautiful spring-like weather this weekend and it was so wonderful to feel a warm breeze on my cheek and even ditch the winter jacket one afternoon while taking the dog for a walk. Spring is definitely my most favourite season, and I'm looking forward to it's arrival with great anticipation and joy. I think most of my Canadian friends will agree with me that it feels OH so good for the soul after our very long snowy winter, and I can't wait for the snow to be gone and to finally see my spring flowers start to come up.
This started off totally different in my head and got messier as I went along. The sticker title is not straight ( oh yeah, i'm totally ok with that.) and the snowflake placement kinda bugs me, but I'm calling it a day and moving on. I embossed the chipboard snowflakes ( in silver glitter no less) with some of the new embossing powder that AC sent me, and it's loads of fun for someone who has never embossed anything, especially for a layout. How's that for technique-y, eh? ;p
I even got Bob & the boys in on the action, and they embossed an entire Cub car for the upcoming Cub Scout jamboree, which turned out pretty cool, I'll get a pic taken today to show you.
eta: here's the green glitter Greedo-mobile. Not bad huh? Who knew my hubby would be happy I bought an embossing gun? He also loves my Cropodile and it sits in his tool kit, not mine. ;p
I hope you enjoy your Monday as much as I will, and that you take advantage of that extra delicious hour of daylight. I'll be on the lookout for my first robin of the season.... :)

22 comments:
Mel, I could look at your layouts forever and never tire of them--love it!
I actually saw a robin the other week and the doves are back,so a sure sign Spring is coming.
Love the layout,the pink really pops.
Woot - a technique! Watch out - they're addictive... :P
I love the colours for your layout! Beautiful!
You make me laugh but I'm so there with you with the techniques! Love your page, as usual. :)
It was such an awesome feeling this weekend having the sun warming us up and being able to go out without all the bundles. Too bad we're getting more of the white stuff today... *sigh*
love the layout, mel. good for you w/the embossing...i haven't ventured into that world yet, lol!
and i hear ya on the spring thing. we had a nice warm weekend too, only to wake up to snow this morning...grrrrr!
Embossing?! YOU?! Wow! :P
I love this page. The pink is so very unexpected, but it works wonderfully. :)
J'aime toujours autant venir visiter ton blog et d'ailleurs je devrais mettre des messages plus souvent!
J'adore toujours tes photos de tes garçons! J'adorerais avoir des photos comme ça avec Théo et Loan!
Ta page est superbe!
I love your layout, the colours you chose are perfect. Your black and white photos are always striking. Our days are starting to get cooler and a bit rainy here in OZ, wish we could have a year long summer :)
Go the glitter ... see Nicole I am not the only one that likes a bit of glitter. Im an 80's girl so have to suppress my love of glitter and bling when I scrap...lol! But love it here Mel! See if we only had snow here I could us glitter snow flakes too.
Enjoy spring, we are heading into winter here down under...brrrr. I do love our winter sports though!
I think I sense a possible change in scrap style Melanie - are you becoming a 'heavy technique based scrapper' - LOL!
love it completely.
And I was wondering what I was going to do with all that embossing powder!!!! Endless possibilities I see :)
Gorgeous page, striking colour combo!
ooh too funny - love the green glitter car thingy. And I love Monday morning too. After the chaos of the weekend, nothing nicer than seeing everyone leave the house for the day! Totally don't know how people homeschool?! I must say 8:10 is VERY early, but hey, I'm sure you're organised enough to handle that ;)
happy spring, miss mel!
love this layout as i love everything you do!
that car rocks!
love all the glitter!
:)
so beutiful, i love colors and your photo is fantastic!
So basically, if I'm in your house and I'm not careful, I might get embossed? ;)
(nostril action... ROFLMAO!)
I love the car... and the fact that your hubby uses your cropadile!
What a cool car! Great idea. Great page too btw, your pages are always a pleasure to look at.
You have such a way with colour and placement. Amazing layout, as usual. Love the embossed car too :)
love the layout and the embossing powder..almost broke mine open but refrained...must wait a bit longer...
mondays are beginning to be my fave day too with your layouts to look forward to.
:)
very cool color combo, mel, & *love* the journaling strips. i'm so impressed with your embossed snowflakes!!
Post a Comment