In honour of St. Patty's day ( and because I've got nothin' else)

 17 March 2009




I give you this, a green layout. I know, not quite the orange/teal layout I promised, but a layout nonetheless! This is in the latest issue of Simple, and it's a layout I kinda like b/c it's all true. I'm a recycling fanatic, and proud of it.

I forgot I had to work Sunday, which put a big damper on my plans to finish today's layout. And today, although I did have the day off of work, I was busy taking my Dad to and from an appointment where he had his Parkinson's evaluated. He's still very mobile despite numerous bothersome side effects, and I hope that he stays that way for a long while. This is a sneaky and strange disease, one minute he can be fantastic and the next, not able to walk very well.One thing he isn't is shaky, like you'd think. But being 'unbalanced', for lack of a better term, is his biggest obstacle. He bangs into stuff alot. ;p The evaluation was to see how his coordination, strength and muscle tone were, and I'm happy to say he did pretty well. He's determined to stay on top of it, and that's half the battle,I'm sure of it.

I hope to be back by Friday with the color combo layout, if all goes according to plan- keep your fingers crossed that my work week isn't too exhausting and I still want to scrapbook after selling paper and glue all the day long... ;p
xox

9 comments:

nicole s March 17, 2009 at 3:15 AM  

Another thing we have in common - recycling fanatic! When we went away to a camp ground in Jan there were no recycling facilities - I was NOT coping! I ended up bringing alot of it home in the car for 5 hr drive to recycle in our home bins. Love this layout.

Anonymous,  March 17, 2009 at 7:12 AM  

Love your recycling LO! :)
Just got my Simple, so I'll look for it in there.

And I'm a fanatic too, although it's usually the compostable stuff I'm going that extra mile for... both hubby and I will bring all our apple cores, tea bags, etc. home from work so we can put it in our backyard composter.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Anonymous,  March 17, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

Hugs to your Dad. Good for him for staying on top of things. ( I bump into stuff ALL THE TIME!)

And Happy St Paddy's Day to you too. The Irish in me thinks I should be making little Irish potatoes. Even though I'd rather not eat them. ;)

(I'm wearing green shirt and shoes, btw. I rock this holiday.)

Heather M. March 17, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

totally love that layout! i'm a recycling fanatic too.

thinking of you and your dad. i hope he continues to do well and stay on top of it.

happy week to you!

Jody March 17, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

Wonderful page Mel, even if it wasn't the one I was hoping for. lol
Sorry to hear about your Dad, why do our parents have to continue to age? Mine are forever etched in brain as younger than I am right now.

melissa deakin March 18, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

loved seeing this layout in SS and now i love seeing it here.
mel, i don't think i knew about your dad. how did i miss that? i'm so sorry.
a good family friend has Parkinson's so i have some knowledge of the disease.
we definitely need to chat...so much to catch up on. in the meantime, i'm thinking of you!
xoxo

Anonymous,  March 18, 2009 at 10:41 AM  

Great page! I love the little bit of teal cs showing in there. :) It's so hard to see our parents age and get sick like that. Good luck with it all and big hugs to you!

Claude March 19, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

My FIL struggles with Parkinson's too. He doesn't shake either. For him, the biggest obstacle is that his muscles stop working at stop point. He'll be shaving and then his hand refuses to move anymore. He has to wait a little bit and then it starts again. He has a lot of trouble walking too. It's an awful disease because they feel so helpless, but at the same time, they have all their marbles, kwim? So it's hard on them.... And I think you are an only child, just like my DH? It's hard being the only person that can take care of them.

Tacha March 20, 2009 at 6:06 AM  

Your page is so wonderful !!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!