Technically still Monday...

 23 February 2009

and here's a layout, as promised. And look, it's another 'friend' layout! ;p I didn't plan it like that, I swear. And honestly, I didn't do much scrapping at all this weekend, ( I know,the horror!) so I kind of cheated and scraplifted one of my own pages from a while back. ;p I know there's nothing wrong with that, but this layout just isn't speaking to me, probably because I've btdt.. No reinventing the wheel with this one. Ah well, I did get to use my new American Crafts, and it's pretty darned yummy stuff, all of it. I'm thinking I need to tone down my pages a bit, so maybe the next one will be with more subdued colours. Can't promise that though.. I do like my colour on the bright side...






17 comments:

Anonymous,  February 23, 2009 at 10:35 PM  

I love this... somehow, the big flowers look just right with the photo of two boys. I don't know how you do it, Mel. Really, it's awesome, but I could never pull it off.

And you're right... there's nothing wrong with reusing a design, but the thrill just isn't there when you finish it up. On the other hand, I have a bad memory and don't know which of your own pages you lifted, so for me, it's like this is brand-new! YAY! :)

nicole s February 23, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

Nice. I love that yellow dotty pp and this is a classic layout that should be used over and over!

Anonymous,  February 23, 2009 at 11:52 PM  

Hey! Don't go and tone down! I love your bright colors. =) I think I kinda remember the page that inspired this one but it really doesn't matter! When you have a great design, why not reuse it once in a while. =)

Leanne Stamatellos February 24, 2009 at 12:52 AM  

I really like how you used this otherwise girly looking paper for a cool boy layout - you do that well!

Diane February 24, 2009 at 4:46 AM  

I too love the colours you use! Love that 'smile' button ... very cute!
Ah ... yeah Flickr!

KathyT February 24, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Love that Mel, and do not tone down your pages, they're amazing!! No box for me yet :(

Anonymous,  February 24, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

a perfect photo for a perfect layout, i love it!!!

Heather M. February 24, 2009 at 5:41 PM  

gorgeous! love the yellow and the flair!

Anonymous,  February 24, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

love it.
i do.
i was going to use that same yellow pp on a layout too :)

Anonymous,  February 25, 2009 at 6:52 AM  

Love this layout ! The color combo is just perfect !

Anonymous,  February 25, 2009 at 9:43 AM  

Nothing wrong at all with scraplifting yourself, especially when the self is so talented :) Love the flowers and your colour combo!

Jody February 25, 2009 at 11:16 AM  

Just another awesome page.
Love the bursts of yellow.
You are so good!

Anonymous,  February 25, 2009 at 4:02 PM  

great one. i really like cheerful (hopeful?) spring colors. great blog, mel.

olga

Tacha February 28, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

It's so Sweet, and really a good idea to use flowers on a "boy page"

Anonymous,  March 1, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

C'est un des papiers de la collection qui m'a tapé dans l'oeil et après avoir vu ta page il a trouvé tout naturellement sa place dans mon panier pour ma prochaine commande ;-) J'aime, j'aime ton style : la composition de chacune de tes pages est à chaque fois comme une évidence : chaque élément est à sa juste place, chaque papier choisi judicieusement. Je suis fan :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!