(late) Friday goodness.
20 February 2009
It's quiet here. So much so that it's kind of weird. But in a good way. ;p My kids and hubby left this afternoon for their annual winter Cub Scout camping weekend, and I'm sitting here after a decent ( kind of cardboard-y, but tasty all the same if that's possible) meal of Kashi frozen pizza and a few glasses of Chardonnay ( strictly medicinal of course!) b/c I figured I should update this thing more than once a week.
I've had an unplanned work off of week b/c of this:
My little guy Noah Boa has been sick with a fever virus all week. It got to this temp yesterday morning, and that's when I decided to take him to the doctor to make sure my 'Mom' radar was still working okay. It was, as I suspected, just a virus, and I'm happy to say that his fever finally broke this morning, just in time for him to go to camp, so we had one pretty ecstatic Cub on our hands. I guess the prospect of staying home with Mom all weekend wasn't very exciting. Dude, it wasn't for me either. ;p
He spent the majority of his time off school here, in my bed. It's so much nicer than his, as he always likes to tell me.
While home all week, I got some major cleaning done... stuff that should be done on a regular basis, but that never happens b/c of lack of time and/ or energy. So I cleaned the boy's room while he sorted out his huge collection of Legos. Here's an after pic of his bookcase. I did a purge of outgrown, baby-ish books, and now have a nice pile for Goodwill, even though a part of me mourns giving those books away. I'm not really good at parting with things from their babyhood, but it has to be done I guess. We can't keep everything, even though I would if I had enough space to house it all.
I keep wanting to post about my favourite Christmas present, so I took a photo of it today to show you, b/c I've been making a lot of smoothies lately in an attempt to ward off this superbug. I hadn't ever heard about this thing before I got it, but my oldest seemed to know what it was right off the bat ( maybe he watches late night infommercials while I sleep?) and he was hooting for joy when I opened it up during our family gift exchange on Christmas night. We've used it everday since, and we all love it. Total MB fans here! The kids have their smoothies every morning before school, and then they come home from school and make more.It's very cool and so easy for them to use. I totally recommend it! It's something I would have NEVER bought myself, so I'm very grateful for the shopping prowess of my sister in law Jocelyne. She always buys the best gifts, and I was lucky to have picked hers.
More goodness: These came in the mail this week...
It's the first time I've ever ordered tickets online, and it was a thrill when they arrived in my mailbox. I've been listening to this album everyday for weeks on end now, and I love it. Can't get enough of his beautiful voice and lyrics. I cannot WAIT to see him live! And more mail goodness came my way last night when the UPS man delivered my American Crafts DT box, but I won't post a photo of that, b/c I don't want to make you all hate me. ;p
And lastly, a ( blurry) photo of some valentine's tulips I got last Saturday. They were on their last legs when I took this photo, but they're beautiful nonetheless. They're my absolute favourite flower, and a sure sign that Spring is around the corner.
Is that enough random blabber for ya? I'm off to scrap now, and will be back with a layout or 2 on Monday. Enjoy your weekend, wherever you are!
10 comments:
Enjoy the peace and quiet, Mel!
Glad your boy is better and I always say I would rather have 1 tulip than a dozen roses anyday :)
JE suis contente pour toi que tu auras un beau weekend tranquille. Pure bliss, right ! ;)
J'adore la photo de tes tulipes : superbe !!!
Je les prendrais bien tes livres de Noah que tu réserves à Goodwill s'ils sont en anglais. Je n'ai pas assez de livres en anglais et le budget pour les enseignants d'anglais était inexistant cette année.
Passe un beau weekend ! Tranquille, relaxe, etc. Le mien sera vraiment occupé avec les bulletins à écrire. Oh comme j'ai hâte qu'ils soient tous écrits et terminés.
Danielle
xoxo
I love all your photos... and yes, I'm totally envious of your new AC goodies. ;)
I'm glad Noah was healthy enough to go to camp. Enjoy your weekend of silence, and I'll be back on Monday to see what you've created. Hurray!
Oh dear, I all ready hate you - I know how good those goodie boxes are :)
Glad your little man is feeling better!
Beautiful tulips - one of my favorites as well. I planted 40 of them in front of our porch, but apparently, I'm not much of a green thumb - we only saw eight or so! LOL!
Have an awesome weekend :)
Put your feet up, scrap and enjoy your weekend Mel! Ahhhh! Im jealous of both the weekend of peace and the AC goodies ;)
Love you photos. What camera do you have? and lens? Love the blurry look!
Ok, so you almost gave me a heartattack with that photo of the thermometer - for a second I thought it was a pregnancy test!!!
mmm, OK - enough said - but you do have the cleaning bug don't you or is that a nesting instinct?
LOL - Ok I'll stop there - great to see such a long post from you. Happy weekend!
poor noah!
so glad he's feeling better :)
and so happy you finally got your ac.
i wasn't kidding, was i?
I love blabber :)
Happy Noah is better and that you have some alone, peace and quiet time! I would love that!
I am with sick child....J has chicken pox...but is handling things well so far.
Beautiful tulips and I have to say, you have me motivated to clean and purge! I, too, don't like purging things that my children have outgrown.....it makes me sad and a bit mournful.
Happy to see this today Mel :)
Hugs!
enjoy your quiet, peaceful weekend!
i have to tell you, when i was reading about why you were off work for a week & didn't see the pic yet, i thought you were gonna say you were preggo, teehee :)
glad noah's feeling better though.
and i hear ya on the giving stuff away. it really is hard. i have waaay too many bins of this kids baby clothes in the basement, that i just can't part with!
pizza, wine, scrapping and being alone in my house would be my ultimate holiday!! LOVING your photos.
Post a Comment