Friday good things.

 06 February 2009

A few things I'm happy about today:

1.I had the day off today, and so did the kids. And we all slept in until 9:30 this morning. Ahhhh!
We've spent a great day together so far, playing cards, Xbox, going sliding, and me even doing some scrapping. I'm hoping I can finish up those layouts soon and post them. Even though I'm a very simple scrapper, it sometimes takes me days to finish a page. So sad, isn't it? ;p On tonight's agenda is hockey on the tube. It's Montreal-Buffalo, which is always a good match up.


Here's a pic of my hockey dudes from the other day.







and one of the dog for good measure.



Yes, it's *that* snowy here, and we're all getting just a tad fed up.


2. Tickets to Ray Lamontagne's show went on sale today at noon. And at 12:00pm on the nose, I logged onto Ticketmaster and scored 2 seats to see him on April 14th. My birthday is the day after, so this is my gift to me! I can't wait.


3. I bought this lens at an amazing price from my friend who's upgrading to the Nikon 50-1.4 VR that just came out. I can't wait to have it in my hands tomorrow! His is the older metal model, and it's a beauty of a lens.







4. I think I finally found a paper trimmer that cuts straight, something I've been looking for forever! I've tried so many, and wasted my $ on ones I hate. It's this one, and it's awesome.



5. And finally, I saw this today on 2Peas, and did quite the double take when I saw my face on this ad...




Steph was kind enough to email me the screen capture of it- I had tried in vain to find it because I swear, I thought I was dreaming! ;p There's a ton of fun contests going on at 2Peas this month, including this guest garden girl spot, so head on over there and try a few.. I'm hoping I can join in on the online crop tonight.




I'll leave you with a happy card I made today, and hopefully the layouts will soon follow suit.. ;p



Enjoy the weekend!

12 comments:

nicole s February 6, 2009 at 6:31 PM  

Cute card, great lens, gorgeous dog and kids (not i that order) and go Canadiens.

Erin February 6, 2009 at 9:30 PM  

Love that picture of your dog. A bit tired of the snow here, too.

Heather M. February 6, 2009 at 11:48 PM  

gorgeous photos! love that sweet card! can't wait to see the layouts! and I saw your face at 2peas today too and was so happy when I saw it.

Heather M. February 6, 2009 at 11:48 PM  

p.s. enjoy the lens - i have the canon one and i LOVE it!

Claude February 7, 2009 at 7:41 PM  

I'm still looking for the perfect trimmer, I think I'll try that one when i have a few extra dollars. Thanks for the tip!

Cool for the lens! I'm going to get a 50mm lens too, but I can only afford the 1.8 one. Still better than nothing!

stephanie howell February 7, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

a. 9:30?? are you kidding me? that sounds like heaven to me!!
b. also jealous about the ray l. tickets. i would love to see that show.
c. hehehe, we look fabulous, don't you think?? teehee!!
xo

Unknown February 8, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

great pic of the boys, you have to scrap that one and the fun dog one, you'll have to explain to me what that lens does again and what a pretty card!

Unknown February 8, 2009 at 2:09 PM  

i see that you follow another patti's blog and so that comment above is from me mel, rocklady! ;)

candice12 February 9, 2009 at 2:55 PM  

merci du tuyau concernant le massicot, j'ai le cutterpede et je n'arrive pas à couper droit !!! ça me rassure de savoir que tu as eu le même genre de problème !!!

Crystal February 10, 2009 at 1:23 AM  

That paper cutter is interesting! I like that you can cut different styles not just a straight line. The fancy scissors drive me nuts and this would be a very nice alternative. Hmmm - may have to do some 'looking'!!

Anonymous,  February 13, 2009 at 1:45 PM  

Darling card, too!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!