Quick Friday five..

 09 January 2009

Not much time to post today.. here's a short list of things of things I'm thinking about:


1. I'm pretty sure I have a case of the January blues. I've been in real funk this week ( due partly to -20 C temps, and a crapload of snow), so I'm going to partake in a bit of retail therapy at this store on the weekend. Have you been there? It's FAB. Really cool stuff. I might even attempt to do some yoga this weekend to try out my new pants. It's been forever. Did you know I used to be a yoga fanatic? Headstands and all, folks. What happened to that?



2. Thinking of my good friend Melissa, and waiting to hear if she's had the baby. Good luck Mel, I can't wait to meet your new babe!



3.I'm taking the Christmas tree down today- it's a job I dread. I know you're probably all gasping that it's still up, but we always leave it up for Epiphany, and since that was a few days ago in the middle of the week, I had to wait until my next day off. I love my tree, but it's always nice to have it down finally, and see all that empty space once again. I think a trip to Ikea will soon be in order to fill up said empty space. ;p



4. Really want to see this movie as soon as it's out. I love Kate Winslet a ton, and same goes for Leonardo D. I think they're both amazing actors, and I just read the review this morning in the newspaper. 4 stars people!!



5. My hubs made it home from his business trip in Florida last night, and regaled us with stories about how hot it was there, while I regaled him about how fun it was to drive home from work in the blizzard/snowstorm we had on Wednesday. Grrr. He did bring back some very thoughtful gifts for all of us, ( thanks hon!! ) but Noah's was the coolest- a NASA astronaut suit. You have NO idea how happy this made him- he's always adored dress-up since he was a little dude, and he still does! Hmm, I foresee a layout about this in the near future... ;p






Have a great weekend all!





xo

15 comments:

Celeste January 9, 2009 at 2:52 PM  

yoga! i've always wanted to try yoga. love that astronaut suit - my guys would have been thrilled!

Erin January 9, 2009 at 3:04 PM  

That is so cool he got a NASA astronaut suit!

Anonymous,  January 9, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

Hugs on the blues.....I'm waiting for it to hit me!
Way to go on yoga....if I had a friend to start with me, I'd do it....wanna move here?? :)
LOVE that astronaut suit! Where did Bob get it? It looks amazing!

Diane January 9, 2009 at 5:20 PM  

Totally relate to the exercise thing ... I am trying to get motivated and back on track with it too.
Looking forward to the fun layout...love the orange!

JJ Sobey January 9, 2009 at 6:03 PM  

Think those astronaut suits would come in *my* size? LOL! How cool!

Anonymous,  January 9, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

i wish we lived closer.
we could cheer each other up.
:)
and shop at ikea together.

peg manrique January 9, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

i hear ya on the winter blues...it's downright depressing, especially when there's no sun! maybe we need to move to FL & sweat to death, LOL!

lovin that astronaut suit, way cool.

Heather M. January 11, 2009 at 12:13 PM  

Oooh, how did the shopping trip go?!

Love that astronaut suit - what a cool gift!

I'm so excited to hear news of Melissa's babe arriving too!

doris sander January 11, 2009 at 2:33 PM  

born and raised in florida. was living in honduras one year when my sister was living in wisconsin. she flew me home for christmas and it was -21 when i arrived. serious shock to my system. :D

Jessica January 11, 2009 at 5:19 PM  

new yoga pants, does that mean you used my gift card?

Anonymous,  January 11, 2009 at 10:33 PM  

Yoga, really? I'm truly impressed. I am one of the most inflexible (physically, not emotionally!) fitness instructors I know... *sigh*

Sorry to hear you have the January Blues. Not me, man... I have the January... ummm... what's it called when you're cranky and tired and yell at your kids for things they do all the time but now you have no patience to put up with it? On second thought, maybe I have the blues too. :S

Great NASA costume, btw. I can't wait to see the LO! :)

Anonymous,  January 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM  

oh it must be a January thing - i'm blah here too. and we got more snow today. blech.

KathyT January 12, 2009 at 1:18 PM  

I can't think of a better place to chase away the blues then Lululemon!! Love the astronaut suit, too cute!

Jody January 13, 2009 at 5:37 PM  

Hi Mel,
I just wanted to thank you for being my first...blog commenter :)
(I had something much more dirty, but I restrained myself!)
I know I have told you how much I adore your work, but I wanted you to know how much your comments meant to me :)
-Jody

Anonymous,  January 13, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

melanie - you are not only too kind ... but hilarious. is that really the title there in the sidebar for me? not bad.

I see you're at two peas. I don't update things there often enough, but I'll be sure to add you to my contacts. That layout (below) is great.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!