Change is always hard
16 January 2009
and this is definitely a tough one to swallow. As you probably already know, Simple Scrapbooks is ceasing publication with the May/June issue. Here is the official announcement, made this afternoon. I'm heartbroken about it. I scrap the way I do because I happened to pick up a copy of the magazine at a drugstore one day about 5 years ago, and it forever changed the way I thought scrapping was supposed to be. I remember being in total awe over every layout I saw in that issue, and feeling so giddy, because I'd finally found my happy place. :)It has been a huge honour and privilege for me to be a small part of this magazine the past year, and I'm just incredibly sad that it had to come down to this.
Thanks Simple, for your passion and commitment. You will be dearly missed.
12 comments:
Hey Melanie
I think there are a lot of us feeling the same way about Simple. I remember reading Cathy Z's clean and simple and thinking...yes, yes, yes ... and from that moment I was hooked!
I am so glad to have "met" well sorta met you through Simple!
I am so glad for all the blogs it will make keeping in contact with all the Simple Gals so much easier!
And for the friendships I have formed thanks to Simple.
Just realized Nicole is in for a big shock tomorrow when she gets back from her holiday!!!
I've been "hit" with multiple bad news this week... I'm really sorry to see SS go, which also means the end of your collaboration with them. =( I really hope that CK delivers because SS had a big impact on defining who I am as a scrapper, along with all the wonderfully talented contributers of the magazine over the years. Big hugs Mel!!!
I have loved your work in Simple!
Yep, it sucks. But, look at the positive side - all the friends we've made, especially us Simple Gals! :)
i am so sad about that. i absolutely loved that magazine - especially with some of my fav. scrappers being in there all the time. i hope ck delivers too - it won't be the same without ss around.
I was SHOCKED! And it makes me so very sad. I'll miss the idea and inspiration all packed into one handy magazine. What a drag.
Oh Mel, that bit of news made me so sad. I can't imagine how hard it must be for those of you who have been involved in the inner workings of the greatest scrapping mag in the industry. I too can say that Simple helped define who I am as a scrapbooker today. I will miss the magazine dearly.
Melanie,
Everything you just said about SS can be applied to you.
I felt the same way when I opened up the magazine and saw your work.
So simple, so striking and so perfect.
Thank you for inspiring me and I can't wait to see what the future holds in store for you and everyone else from SS :)
I've just got back from my summer holiday at the beach and read this in an email from a friend !
Oh, this is sad!
You are so right about finding your happy space when you opened the mag. It was great and so was the original website. I was always inspired, found fantastic like minded scrappers and loved the amazing team that made up this magazine. (You being one of them)
I agree that SS will be dearly missed!
Mel, je suis bien de ton avis, j'ai du mal à digérer la nouvelle. J'espère que toute la communauté "Simple" pourra se retrouver quelquepart ... Il n'y a pas que le mag, j'achetais bcp de livres produits par SS, j'imagine que c'est fini aussi.
Quelle désolation.
J'espère que tu continueras à blogger et à nous faire partager tes réalisations.
J'avais très envie de scrapper hier mais cette nouvelle m'a coupé l'inspiration !
à bientôt
Sév
Hugs Mel....it's such a huge bummer :( Love Simple. It made it "okay" to scrap simply!
Post a Comment