ringing in 2009...
01 January 2009
Our first day of the New Year has been pretty relaxed so far today. One really nice thing about having older children now is that they actually do sleep in, so we all got up at around 11am- I guess keeping them awake until midnight to see the ball drop in Times Square had something to do with that! I just only got out of my pj's an hour ago, and am soon going to set to work on making this cake (actually a variation of it, but I can't find my recipe online anywhere, this is similar though) for our New Year's supper later tonight. On the menu is shish-taouk chicken, ( from an amazing grocery store here called Adonis) rice and salad, and my cake for dessert, if I can actually get it made in time. I'll post a photo of it tomorrow if it does indeed turn out, but sadly, my food photography skills are not up to Pioneer Woman level. I do bake alot though, ( and pretty well, if I do say so myself) and have often wanted to share here, but for some reason I can't fathom having to stop and take photos of every step. I'm kind of lazy like that. ;p

8 comments:
OMG Mel, I love this layout! Honestly, your pages always make be wish I could scrap like you :) Happy New Year!!!
I love this page, Mel... it's gorgeous, the photos and your use of that patterned paper. Thank you for always inspiring me with your wonderful stories and beautiful creations. Happy New Year to you and your family!
Love the LO, great journaling. I also have an 11 year old...
Happy new year, here's to more blogging entries!!
Julie
You use AC product so well - no wonder they love you!
Beautiful layout and I love the way you worded and titled it - so cool!
Hey and share that baking of yours anytime, OK?
Happy New Year to you and your family.
J'adore ce papier AC... bon ok j'admets j'adore tous leurs produits :) Mais tu les utilisent si bien!
Je te souhaite une merveilleuse année 2009!
et comme Leanne, je serais ravie si tu partages de temps en temps des recettes avec nous ;)
saw this over at 2peas...love it. Happy New Year!
Love that layout, Mel! It's awesome and the journaling cracked me up!
So how did the cake turn out - sounds delish!
J'aime beaucoup ta page et la mise en page.
Titesnoop
Post a Comment