Perfect...
24 December 2008
I love Christmas Eve. Especially when it's a perfect one like today is shaping up to be. It's been snowing here all night & into the morning, and we awoke to a beautiful snowy and relatively mild day. Here's a pic of my backyard taken a few minutes ago:
I'm not a winter person, but I do love snow on Christmas Eve. I'm baking a cheesecake and some cookies , still wrapping gifts, and the kids are outside in their snowsuits, digging forts, throwing snowballs, and enjoying the snow. I still have a million things to cross off my to-do list, but I'm relatively stress-free at this point. I'm just enjoying the day puttering about the house, and listening to my favourite BNL Christmas cd. It's all good!
I wish I could say the same about my December album. I kind of stalled at day 13, and although I've been taking my pics faithfully everyday, I just haven't had a second to sit down and print anything or even entertain the thought of scrapping them. I've been insanely busy the past 2 weeks, thanks to my own procrastination on the Xmas shopping front. I do intend on sharing my album here once it's done, so I hope you don't mind that it's after the fact. I love what I've done so far, and hope that soon I'll have an evening to sit down and get it up to date, hopefully before New Year arrives! Here's a photo of Noah from my December 7th entry, it was our 1st big snowfall that stuck, and since then, we've gotten a ton more of snow.
Wishing all of you out there much peace, joy and happiness this Holiday season.
Merry Christmas!!!
Merry Christmas!!!


7 comments:
We have Christmas snow here, too & I love it! Merry Christmas, Mel! :)
merry christmas mel, your backyard looks so peaceful!
patti
Lovely photos, Mel ! I love the first one you posted : it just seems like an old-fashioned photo ! Just gorgeous ! I am looking forward to seeing your December Daily ! I'll post mine also once it's done.
Have a most wonderfully magic Christmas with your family !
Danielle
xoxoxo
*sigh* I got a bit behind on my December Daily too. Oh well, my son (who's not as far behind as I) wants to get caught up today. :)
I hope you're enjoying your Christmas... I'm just taking a break from all the K'nex and Lego right now.
Hi Melanie
Your pics are very nice.
Happy new year to you and your family also.
Hime (from France)
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, Mel! Wishing you all the best in the new year!
Hi Mel! Your photos are breathtaking, as usual. I always feel the need to upgrade my camera after seeing your photos. Wow. Your backyard could not be more different than mine. While I too am not at all a winter person, and the thought of being surrounded by an environment that is colder than my freezer makes me shudder, it sure is beautiful and I would love to step into your yard, if just for a few minutes! Nicole S.
Post a Comment