Valentine's giveaway & more..
31 January 2009
I just finished up doing some cards for the American Crafts blog , and the theme for February was of course, Valentine's Day. My hubby and I don't really celebrate it, save for a card ( mine is made, his bought, although sometimes he does try his hand at scrapping one) and maybe dinner made by him ( he is a chef, after all) and a good bottle of wine. I love to make cards, and using this line of Valentine themed stuff was really fun. :) So please check it out if you have a second, there's some super cute stuff posted there, if you need a jumpstart for making your own!
I'll have some more Valentine's stuff to share here in the next while, as I do enjoy making cute crafty things for the kids.
Anyhoo, I have some yummy American Crafts goodies to give away today, because seriously folks, I just can't use all of it. So I'm sharing the love. :) Nice, no?
I'm willing to ship it to anywhere in the world, but I can't promise you that it will make it there in time for the 14th! Just leave me a comment here, and tell me what gift you would love to receive from you beloved this year- fantasy or real. My 'fantasy' gift , if I could choose one, would be my own laptop, ( it gets very tiring having to fight for computer time between 4 people, let me tell ya) and not just any laptop, but a MacBook Air. That's my kind of candy. Actually, it's a toss up between that and a dishwasher.. ;p Not sure if I've mentioned it here before or not, but I don't own one, and I know I'm probably the last person on earth who doesn't. I dream about it, I really do.
Here's a few things I've been doing the past while. I haven't been scrapping all that much but more than usual, so it's a start, right? This is a layout I did for a 2Peas challenge to lift a layout from a past issue of Simple Scrapbooks. It's actually a lift of Elizabeth Dillow, from her awesome book, 'the Scrapbooker's Almanac'. If you don't have this book, you need it. It's lovely.
My layout totally pales in comparison to her beautiful page ,and I'm not too thrilled with the outcome, but I'm moving on and calling it done. I'm going to re-do this challenge with something from the magazine, and hope I'll be more satisfied with the results.
A few cards, done for AC...
and a simple layout about the dog, who I don't scrap about very often, but I couldn't resist this woe-is-me face...
Don't forget to leave a comment if you'd like some AC goodness. I'll pick a winner sometime next week. Good luck!
PS.- Stupid blogger. I keep trying to edit the post to make it look less 'scrunched up' and nothing... anyone know how to fix that?? And the fact that you have to scroll forever to leave a comment? Sorry! It drives me nutso.
eta: thank you Ruth! I never knew what that 'compose' button was for. ;p





30 comments:
Hi Mel! I'm pretty good with blogger weirdness, but without seeing your html code, I'm not sure what to suggest...
Anyhoo - fantasy V-day gift? Trip to Scotland. What I'm hoping I might actually get - sushi dinner. Mmmmm!
I got tired of waiting for DH to get me a laptop, so I saved and I'm getting one myself, probably this week! :)
So my drean gift for V-day would be a 50mm lens, I dream about it!
Thanks for the chance to win some of the goodies, this is one line I actually didn't buy because I was hoarding my money for the above-mentioned laptop, LOL!
Mel,regards the blog....if you write in "edit html" try hitting the "compose" tag next to it in the top right after you are done and arrange it in there by deleting the spaces,that's what I do anyway and works for me :) it looks odd when you switch it back to edit but it should post fine......
Hey mel, Love your page! How did you do the hearts? I think its very cute!! And that dog of yours...also too cute!
Now my fantasy gift would have to be a new DLSR but seeing as we have just booked holiday would be more than happy with a Pandora charm and some take-away for dinner ;)
Love your new banner! And your projects on the AC gallery are wonderful too. Your dog LO... well, you KNOW I love that one. ;) And your lift of Elizabeth's page is wonderful. Really, you're much too hard on yourself.
Valentine's gift from my honey? I'm hoping for a bathroom reno. Not that it'd be done in time for the 14th, but even to get him to agree to it... that would be a total dream gift right now. :p
Love the work and thanks for sharing! You would only have to mail to NB if I won!LOL
My fantasty gift would be tickets to Bermuda in Sept. We went there on our honeymoom when were were married Sept 1, 1984 and I've always wanted to go back on our 25th!!!
i love american crafts.
to be honest there is nothing i want for valentine's day. i have what i need and that is more than enough this year.
hi wendy here from the UK. For my valentines day i would love to just have a dinner out with my husband! not done that in about ohhhhhh say 5 years??? sigh!!!!!!!
Oh Mel,
That page you did of your son is just wonderful!
I love your cards as well, I have never even made one card :(
Anyway...a fantasy gift?
How vain am I?
A total body make-over/plastic surgery.
And I'm not kidding. lol
Yum, those new LOs and cards are just beautiful and gorgeous ! THanks for sharing them ! I need to get my ... into gear and scan my latest creations.
Fantasy Valentine's Day gift ? Well fantasy would be something I wouldn't pay or couldn't afford so that would be a nice trip in Europe or Australia. In real life, I really don't need anything as I have everything that truly matters to me : my health, my DH, my son, my friends and family, my career, my passions.
DH and I are saving to buy ourselves a Canon 5D sometimes this year ... or next year. However, we have other stuff more urgent to buy so ...
American Crafts has such lovely collections ! My favorite company. However, please DO NOT PUT MY NAME in the draw ... I have enough stuff in my scrap stash and I am working in transforming lots of it into LOs, cards and other creative projects in 2009 ! Thanks for your generous offer though !
Take care,
Danielle
Hi Mel!! My "fantasy" valentines gift would be a lovely new camera, but I would also love to just go out to dinner with my husband :)
hey mel, great to see some much scrapping goodness from you - my fav. has to be the dog layout - just lovely.
Oh and no need to put me in the valentine draw OK! Really truly!
You are way too hard on yourself you know. I love your page! I love how you can translate your sentiments in writting. And I love your new banner!
There's a lot of yummy stuff on the AC blog. I'll surely let myself be inspired a lot for the girls' Valentine cards. ;P
As for my dream gift... I'd love any outing that I didn't have to plan myself... at all! LOL
How nice of you! I would loved for my valentine's gift a few days in a sunny country. Just to gain positive energy for the rest of the year!! need it.
Nice creations you've made as usual!
Hugs from France - Carol
we just got a laptop, that's how i'm giving you this comment mel, now wasn't that nice of dh so that i didn't have to run over to the library all the time down here. anywho, i's love dh to be in a good mood for 2 whole months! ;) that's not too much to ask for now is it?
love the goodies mel and those los, especially your doggie one!
You are so good, Melanie. I wish I could scrap like you - everything you do is so perfectly clean and makes me so happy. it's so easy and pleasing to look at.
And the "pour some sugar on me" card made me LOL! AWESOME!
My dream Valentine's Day gift would either be a new camera or a wide format printer. Forget the chocolates and teddy bears, give me something I can use! :) I'd be asking for a dishwasher too - the place we are in now has one and it's the first one we've had since we got married - HEAVEN, I tell ya!
Your cards are so cute & the dog layout is fantastic.
Fantasy gift - new camera!
More likely & just perfect to is a nice dinner at home.
Hi Mel - great stuff - as usual!
Hmm...fantasy gift...a trip to New Zealand for the family? Or more realistically and practically - a nice BIG digital frame or a 50mm lens for my camera...I'm not fussy - I'd take ANY of those things! ;)
Btw, I LOVE my dishwasher...but its broken down atm - very sad! Reminds me - best go and ring the repair man!
What beautiful cards and layouts!
My fantasy gift would be a vacation to Europe, but that's definitely very expensive. It's still nice to dream though :)
Thanks for this amazing giveaway!
Oh, I always admire your work and think these are just wonderful!
No requests from my honey this year since he just left for a year long deployment to Iraq. Hopefully the cards he sent will get here in time, but otherwise just a safe return next year.
I don't want the AC stuff, thanks (got my own LOL) but I wanted to tell you how much I love everything you posted, especially the card on the kraft background, just perfection!
Hi there! Don't enter me in your draw as I have scads of V-day stuff all ready, but just wanted to pop over here and say that I love your layouts and cards! And I agree, E's book is awesome! :)
A girlfriend of mine and our hubbies and kids are meeting at the park for valentines day, we're having some cheese platters some wine, and we're going to bring our own roses and I'm hoping my husband might buy me my fav box of chocolates (peppermint darrell lea). We'll finish the night by having fish and chips at the park.
I'll be pretty happy with that.
I would love some new lenses for my camera...the 35mm f2.0, the 50mm f1.4, or the 85mm f1.8(in that order). By the way, I don't need any products so don't pick my name :P Just wanted to say I love your layout and your cards.
no need for the ac stuff.
:)
but i love your layouts and cards.
quite adorable, just like you!
I LOVE your 'good life' layout!! I don't want you to have to ship to Australia, so I don't need to be entered either, but my ultimate gift would be a DSLR - no I don't even have one :( or a digital piano. Seen neither is going to happen, just going out to dinner with him will be sufficient!
Wow, your LOs really rock! And those cards are just so adorable. The colour combinations are really out of my square so I think I might try them today.
Perfect fantasy Valentine's gift (we've never celebrated it before and it doesn't look like we'll start now, LOL) would be for my husband to actually LOOK at some of my albums, especially the ones about him. He doesn't have the slightest interest - I mean, how the hell do you get yours to MAKE a card????? That's impressive!
Happy day to you and yours,
Kathy
Mel,
i love your blog and all the layouts you post on it. simply fabulous. my daughter also takes a look at times cause she knows both your boys from elementary.
as for valentine goes ... we don't celebrate it ... like with flowers, chocolate, gifts, or a special dinner. i would love to take our dd to disney world some day (we had to cancel 2 times already due to more urgent commitments). she has been very patient.
i wish you and your family a happy valentine's day, mel. you are always so thoughtful, thinking of others.
Grace (bee)
Mel, your layouts and cards are stunning as always. I especially love the one with the hearts, it's just soooo nice. I just did a layout with hearts under the photo like that, weird!
hmm... fantasy valentine's day gift? A weekend trip somewhere like London or Paris! Expected gift? Maybe flowers and a dinner out.
Anyhow, wish I could help you with the blogger weirdness but I haven't quite figured it out myself.
My fantasy valentine is simple. Good communication with my beloved and some alone mommy and daddy time. We desperately need to reconnect on many levels.
Post a Comment