Good intentions gone bad...

 29 November 2008

So, I mentioned in my last post that I've had a difficult time scrapping lately. I've got some major blockage going on here, and it's very frustrating. Throw in a lack of quality scrap time ( too much on the go these days) and a general feeling of 'blahness' when I do actually find time to sit down and scrap, and this is what I get:




I had such hopes for this photo of my Mom and I, b/c I really love how sweet it is, and I wanted to do it justice, but it just didn't come out at all like planned. Don't you hate when that happens? Overthinking is never a good thing. I like 'flow' when I scrap, not agony. I actually bought another piece of the pink OA paper to re-do the journaling mess on the bottom, but I'm still drawing a blank as to what I want to do, so for now, it's staying this way. And try as I might to put some sort of (red) embellishment near the pic, nothing worked. Whatever!!! I'll probably set this page aside and leave it on my table until I come across something that works. It could take months folks, that's how anal I am. It's kind of sad, but I take comfort in the fact that there are others out there just like me. You know who you are, but I won't out you. ;p

I finished off the last of the Twilight series tonight, which may account for my somewhat negative mood. ;) It feels like I've had to say goodbye to people I love, and I hate that. I want Stephenie Meyer to just keep on writing Bella and Edward stories, and never stop. I love them that much. I'll even forgive her for okaying the cheesy 2nd rate script for the movie if she'll write at least 10 more books. Just keep it going woman, & people WILL read!I saw the movie last Sunday. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. I wasn't sure how I felt until hours later, while laying in bed 1/2 way through reading Breaking Dawn, that I admitted to myself that it was in fact pretty awful. I hated the way everything happened so fast, there was no real character development, the editing was choppy, and there was just not enough spark between B&E. And I won't even get started on the bad make-up jobs, geesh. I've promised Bobby that I'll take him to see it if he reads the book first, ( he's going on 12, I think it's ok? It's pretty clean. And he's SOOO curious about it) so I'll be able to be more objective the 2nd time around, if I can keep myself from swooning like a love struck 16 year old over Edward/Rob in front of my kid... That was one bit of genius casting there, no question.

Here's a photo to prove my point:




I rest my case. :)

Have a great weekend. We're putting up our tree tomorrow, and it's still November! That's terribly exciting for a major procrastinator like myself.. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous,  November 29, 2008 at 6:26 AM  

Oh, the agony! I love that photo of you and your mom. What a sweet moment, captured on film. Do you think you could do the journalling on the computer and put it just under the title (where the bottom row of snowflakes is), or would that throw off the entire balance of the patterned paper strips? Anyway, I admire your painstaking a.r. over this one... I'd want to do it justice too. :P

(And I hope I'm not one of the ones you were talking about... I used to be, but these days... well, I settle for ugly on a disturbingly regular basis.)

Anonymous,  November 29, 2008 at 2:08 PM  

i think the layout is beautiful and you did the photo justice. but then i think everything you do is lovely...
sigh. rob is quite yummy. i got a little depressed after i finished the books. but it goes away.
i promise.
i'm going to see the movie again tonight. i will probably take a nap during it this time around.
:)

Leanne Stamatellos November 30, 2008 at 6:34 AM  

You know I can completely relate to agonising over something that means alot to you to scrap - i've done that so many times and it's gruesomely agonising. I feel for you.
Personally, I like what you did. It feels like you but I rarely see you scrap with papers that aren't bold so it's different also.
Beautiful photo too.

What I do when I'm stumped is find someone elses layout that you love and attempt to scraplift it 100% - I find I never do when it comes to the crunch, your own ideas come forward and you'll create something you love that's YOU! Maybe even scraplift yourself. Take care!

Heather M. November 30, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

Sheepishly raising my hand here - another anal one! LOL! I can agonize for WAY too long on the simplist thing.
I like what you did. I love the colours you used to scrap that photo. Just a suggestion but since you have another piece of that pink paper, what about moving the whole white piece up and putting the journaling under it so it's all more centered? You could even add another blue strip to the bottom and do the journaling on that. Just a thought. I love the bits of red - they just pop!

Ruth December 1, 2008 at 3:25 PM  

Oh completely anal over here !

That said recently I have been able to just move on or else I would have a huge pile of layout to be re-done !

It's awful when you've read a great book and then the film is just lousy.......one for me was The Beach,such a fantastic book and such a bloody awful film,even Leonardo DiCaprio couldn't save it :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!