card crazy.

 30 November 2008

I got on a roll last week making Christmas cards for the American Crafts blog. They haven't been put up yet ( I'm hoping by tomorrow) but I'm excited to see what everyone else on the DT did, it's always really inspiring to see how other people interpret the same product. :) I love making cards ( and Christmas cards in particular) because it's a quick way to do something creative when you're not in the mood to scrap a layout. I have so much Christmas product, and it feels good to finally use a wee bit of it! Here's a few I have to show you:


.
This is an easy design that I love, and I repeated it for several cards.





I adore these CI epoxy trees, they're so beautiful! You can't see it from the pic, but I added some tiny Hero Arts jewels, and it adds the perfect touch to this simple card. And this AC paper has a gold shimmer to it, very pretty and subtle.





A simple small note card made with scraps & the AC tinsel letters.





This one was made in about 5 minutes. I used an extra photo I had of the kids, my circle punch , some scrap pp, and an AC rub-on. The photo is dark, but this one is bright and modern looking irl and I love it. :)



I'm off to work on my daily December album.. hoping it will be done for tomorrow b/c I really love the idea and want to play along. Are any of you doing one too?


Happy Sunday! :)

14 comments:

melissa deakin November 30, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

Hi Mel!

These cards are so gorgeous.
Wowzers.
Love them all, but the photo one is just precious.
I love your new banner too.
I need to make one for December...just another thing to add to the list.
I hope you are well, my friend!
xoxo

Heather M. November 30, 2008 at 7:00 PM  

love your new banner!!!!!
and those cards are beautiful!
i love them all!

Crystal November 30, 2008 at 7:59 PM  

Your banner is beautiful! And the cards rock! I may need to lift some of your ideas ;))

I'm doing December Daily too! But as a result, my Design Your Life stuff has kind of been put on hold. How are you doing with the BPS class? I look forward to seeing your December album - enjoy!!

Anonymous,  November 30, 2008 at 9:50 PM  

I'm doing one, too. Wanna play along together???

Love, love, love these cards.

alexandra s.m. December 1, 2008 at 12:31 AM  

Love your cards mel!
I'm doing a " December Diary" as well mine is round ( a bit tricky...)

chrystelle December 1, 2008 at 8:04 AM  

Elles sont adorables ces cartes !!
J'adore la première avec ces couleurs très "pimpantes" et la dernière est tout simplement craquante avec cette photo e tla mise en page en hauteur.

Erika December 1, 2008 at 8:05 AM  

J'aime beaucoup ce que tu fais ;-)
Je reviendrais...
Titesnoop

Anonymous,  December 1, 2008 at 11:00 AM  

All these posts about the December Daily albums everyone is doing pushed me over the edge... and I cut, corner-rounded, hole-punched, edge-painted and stamped, not one, but TWO 4x4 ring bound albums yesterday. One for me and one for my 6 year old. :)

Btw, I LOVE your cards and may well have to lift those awesome designs. Oh, and I might even go back to M's to buy the BG Christmas stack this week, since it's still on sale and I'm actually USING some of my Christmas stuff, lol. Thanks for the inspiration!

Séverine December 1, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

J'adore venir ici et découvrir tes créations!
You always inspire me and make me want to play with my stuff!
I hope you will find some extra time to take part in my challenge ;) I'm sure you will create the perfect layout for it!

Ruth December 1, 2008 at 3:33 PM  

Great cards Mel.

I'm doing the December album but it's not finished yet :)

HIME December 1, 2008 at 5:34 PM  

Hi Melanie

I love have a look at yout blog. Your style is so georgious.

Thanks for yooooooour beatiful cards.

Diane December 2, 2008 at 3:04 AM  

These cards are so lovely Melanie! Wishing I hadn't bought a card kit now...!!!
Thanks for sharing
Di

Anonymous,  December 4, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

Hi Melanie - it's been so long! Love your beautiful cards and I love the photo of you and your mum back long ago. It's so sweet. Thinking of you! Nicole S.

Genmanou December 8, 2008 at 3:53 PM  

C'est SUPERBE ! J'admire la rapidité et l'efficacité d'une si jolie création !Bravo !

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!