fun stuff...

 01 October 2008

My friend Nathalie has started a photo-a-day challenge for October over on the Scrapbook Centrale website, and a bunch of us there have decided to join her. I've always adored looking at these on other people's blogs, but have never tried it myself- it's always seemed a bit daunting, and a lot of work too. I hope that I'll be able to keep up the pace, especially now that it's getting darker way earlier and I won't have much opportunity to shoot after work with the light gone. I almost never use a flash ( don't like the look of flash photos), so that's out of the question for me. I'll probably do this before I go to work, so I'll have to get organized to allow for some extra time in the am, haha! I'm going to open up a new blog just for the photos in a bit and link it here, because I don't think Blogger has the photo album feature that Typepad does. One of the perks of paying for your blog, I guess. ;p Anyways, feel free to join in on this with us- the more the merrier I say! If you do decide to play along, leave me a comment here and I'll link you up on the side bar. Should be fun to see what we all come up with.

And check this out- Simple Scrapbooks finally has a brand new look! Be sure and check out Angie & the new Simple blog, and it's sister blog, Simple Studio. The CK website has also had a complete overhaul, and you can find it here.

I'll leave you with a layout I did the other day, using some of the beautiful new Moda Bella line from American Crafts. The pic really reminded me of the old Tiger Beat/TeenBeat mag posters, and so I got my inspiration from that for the title. Or maybe it's that 70's -looking beaded necklace he wore all summer?




17 comments:

Anonymous,  October 1, 2008 at 11:44 PM  

I'm so glad that you decided to join in. I'm pretty sure that you'll be able to find something to take a pic of everyday even if you don't find time to post them everyday. :P

I haven't had time to peruse the new AC blog yet. I hope to do so very soon.

I love this new page of yours! Like I said before, I agree on the Tiger Beat feel! LOL That Moda Bella pp was great for this. I loved working with this line this month. :D

Anonymous,  October 2, 2008 at 12:41 AM  

ack!
i love this.
and mr. noah IS most definitely a handsome little guy.
:)

Candice October 2, 2008 at 1:15 AM  

Such an awesome page! You have such a trademark fresh look I'm jealous. I'd hate you if I didn't love you to death :p.

juliescrapbook October 2, 2008 at 8:34 AM  

Adorable. Your kids are so photogenic. I'm tempted to join you guys for the photo a day challenge. Can't wait to get started on Cathy Z's class today.

Anonymous,  October 2, 2008 at 12:55 PM  

I love that photo... and the gorgeous LO with the beautiful AC paper. Wow! You have such an eye for simple designs. It makes me want to go through my photos and find a nice portrait and lift his page! ;)

And yes, the photo a day challenge will be fun. And challenging. I am going to resort to taking pictures during the day with my wee Canon elph.

Anonymous,  October 2, 2008 at 3:28 PM  

ooooh boy is he gonna be trouble or what??? Love your layout! :)

Heather M. October 2, 2008 at 3:53 PM  

love your new banner!
have fun with the photo-a-day challenge - once you get into it, it's a lot of fun. i've been doing it all year and am so glad i have been.
love that layout - he's very good-looking - watch out, mom!

Anonymous,  October 2, 2008 at 7:01 PM  

OMGOSH look at him! Tiger Beat here he comes ;) Great photo of him and the layout.....so superb!!
Every time I have attempted any sort of layout or photo a day...I have failed. Good luck!

Anonymous,  October 3, 2008 at 12:40 AM  

I'm sure he probably will make the girls swoon! :) Wonderful photo and layout.

Love your new fall banner too. I really should update mine...it's still from January, ha! :)

Ruth October 3, 2008 at 8:03 AM  

I made a new blog for my photo a day it's here ....

http://clickclicketyclick.blogspot.com/

Great layout too !

Anonymous,  October 5, 2008 at 10:43 PM  

beautiful page, mel! i just adore the look on his face...wow...what a capture! xoxo

Leanne Stamatellos October 5, 2008 at 11:51 PM  

that photos is superb - the layout is the perfect touch and I love the AC heart.

Unknown October 9, 2008 at 7:43 PM  

I just keeping thinking Heartbreaker/Salt Shaker. Don't ask.

BTW, are we going to update this baby anytime soon? Hee hee. ;) Love ya!

Genmanou October 10, 2008 at 5:19 AM  

Cette photo est de toute beauté... WOW !... et ta page.... OH!.... Ce n'est pas possible d'être aussi douée !!!!

melissa deakin October 11, 2008 at 2:16 PM  

oh mel,
i love this layout so much.
i love the inspiration for it and the photo is gorgeous.
noah is going to be a lady killer.
miss you, my friend!

Tacha October 12, 2008 at 4:46 AM  

Woooow !!! This page is really beautifull
Well done

Vivian Masket October 12, 2008 at 7:27 PM  

What an amazing layout! That paper is perfect here. What a gorgeous photo! Yeah, I think he's going to be causing some trouble in a few years!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!