And the world's worst blogger award goes to...

 17 October 2008

Me.

I've come to the conclusion that I totally suck at blogging. I'm sure anyone who reads this thinks so too. It's been crazy hectic here the past few weeks, and I haven't had any energy left over to sit down and actually try to string together a coherent sentence here. ;p

Anyways, since the last time I posted, we've had our (Canadian) Thanksgiving last weekend ( I cooked a wicked good meal if I do say so myself!) high school visits for next year, lots of homework to help with, scrapping assignments finished up, the new hockey season starting, and a ton of other stuff going on. Yeah, I'm tired. I've been trying to keep up with my CZ and Elizabeth class stuff, and I've already fallen woefully behind, but you know what? I'm not stressing about it. Really, I'm not. I knew it would be a huge undertaking for me, so I'm going to do what I can, and the rest will be stored away for whenever.I just wish I could sit here on a daily basis and scrap while the elves worked their magic.



The kids and dh are going on their annual Scout camp weekend today, and I'll be blissfully on my own for the entire weekend. Tomorrow am, I'm driving to the big city of Plattsburgh, NY with my bff to visit the brand new TARGET, and we're both very excited about that. Heck, it's 45 minutes away, but totally worth the trip. The only bummer is that I won't be able to buy anything since I won't be staying the requisite 48 hours, but I will definitely be scoping it out for later next month when I go for my Xmas shopping weekend. It will be hard to resist the urge to try and smuggle stuff across the border though. I may drive down in some throw away clothes, just in case. ;p



I've decided to ditch the photo blog and just use my Flickr account for the photo-a-day thing. Not that I've uploaded anything since the 1st, but I've been taking my pics everyday ( more or less), and once I have time, I'll upload them there. The thought of having to update 2 blogs was just too much pressure. ;p

I'll leave you with a photo taken last Thanksgiving weekend of my Bobby and the dog- he just adores her. :)













And a VERY quick 5 minute layout I did this week:




Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

Candice October 17, 2008 at 7:42 PM  

I adore that LO. No surprise! & the photo of Bobby & Lily is brilliant.

I totally need to do photo-a-day.

Have a fun at Target-I'll wave at you while you're in America! :p

Anonymous,  October 17, 2008 at 8:34 PM  

Oooooh, I love your LO... those are such sweet photos, and your title work is perfect. Oh, and did I mention that I adore your hand-writing? Um, sorry. I guess I've said that before. Many times. :P

Have fun at Target! Good luck with the pre-Christmas shopping!

Leanne Stamatellos October 17, 2008 at 11:45 PM  

wow that photo of Bobby and Lily in the leaves is stunning - beautiful clarity!
have fun at Target.

juliescrapbook October 18, 2008 at 9:49 AM  

I'm also falling behind in the CZ class. But Cathy told me not to stess out over it!! I found out this week that Target has opened and like you I'm SOOO excited about it. Now I won't need to drive past Burlington!! Love the photo of boy and dog. A framer if you ask me!!

Anonymous,  October 18, 2008 at 12:48 PM  

you are not the worst blogger...
ha!
it's always such a treat when you do post about what's going on and your amazing layouts.
have fun at target!
:)

Heather M. October 18, 2008 at 2:25 PM  

I love reading whenever you have the time to post. :)
That layout is awesome and I love the photo too!
Have a great weekend! I wish some little elves would visit me too! :)

Anonymous,  October 18, 2008 at 7:32 PM  

I am spoiled, having a Target here in my town! Come visit me and we can shop :)
Love the layout and that sweet picture of Bobby!

Claude October 18, 2008 at 11:17 PM  

Man, I can't wait to go to Target!

Beautiful picture of Bobby and Lily!

Anonymous,  October 18, 2008 at 11:48 PM  

absolutely adore the layout, mel. fun title!...and what sweet pictures of your boys. i always enjoy reading your blog whenever you have time to update! (the sentences are totally coherent, lol) xoxo

Séverine October 20, 2008 at 10:58 AM  

Peu importe que tu blogges souvent ou non, moi j'aime venir ici!
Il faudra que tu me dises ton secret pour avoir TOUJOURS des photos magnifiques!
j'admire la netteté et qu'elles soient en couleurs ou en N/B elles m'impressionnent.
Allez s'il te plait, donne-moi ton secret :)

Anonymous,  October 20, 2008 at 2:32 PM  

Hey, I don't mind at what rate you are blogging! I love coming over and finding something new whenever you have the time for it. Love love love that picture of your ds with Lily! And that LO is too cute! :)

Now I need to find a link for your flicker album 'cause I want to see your pictures! ;)

Anonymous,  October 20, 2008 at 3:21 PM  

Love your layout and the your photo! Gorgeous! Share some details, please? I'd love to hear what lens you are using. Thanks!!!

Anonymous,  October 21, 2008 at 9:00 PM  

Melanie, surely you can't be the worse blogger since I earned that title just last week! :P Always glad to see a post from you though. :)

What an incredible picture of your boy! Seriously. And I love that layout too (seriously...five minutes? I can't even pick a picture in five minutes!).

Happy belated Thanksgiving to you. I always forget that our Canadian neighbors always celebrate theirs earlier than ours. And what is the required 48 hour stay you're talking about? I didn't know that. To go into Target and not be able to purchase anything...well, that's just plain mean! Don't tell Jack though. He'd have us moving to Canada in a heartbeat if he knew. I'm willing to bet that about 1/2 our income goes directly to Target! :P

Unknown October 22, 2008 at 12:11 PM  

Your photos are always so amazing!!! And that layout is making me smile. Well, because Noah's smiles are contagious, but also because it's so pretty and, sigh of happiness, white. Love it!

(Come visit? Promise to take you to every Target around here, all 5 of them.)

Ash October 23, 2008 at 12:09 AM  

That's so funny, we must have been at Target on the same day! I was there last Friday in the evening - what did you think of it? I felt a little let down actually, but maybe it was just me.

Love the layout and the photo of your son and dog in the leaves is stunning!! Love your photography skills :)

peg manrique October 23, 2008 at 1:58 PM  

oh darn, i wish i read this sooner....i'm so close to that target! you'll have to let me know next time you're coming...you could have stored all the your purchases at my house ;)

love that lo, it's so you & so perfect.

Genmanou October 28, 2008 at 4:45 AM  

Ce qui prouve qu'il n'est pas nécessaire de passer un temps infini sur une page pour qu'elle soit réussie !!!... Laz tienne, si simple est tellement efficace ...WOW ! J'adore !

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!