Beautiful September

 01 September 2008

I get a bit melancholy at the end of the summer, even though September is always a beautiful month here. It's usually summer-like, sans the vacation part! I'm dearly going to miss the late nights hanging out in the backyard,( not the mosquitos though, ugh!) waking up when I want ( at least the past 3 weeks since swimming lessons finished) spending days and evenings at the pool with the boys, and most of all, not having a set schedule for much of anything. How sweet is that? I'm not a schedule type person, and sometimes I think I'd get more accomplished if I was.... But I do okay I guess, with my adult ADD -like brain. ;p


Tomorrow's the 1st day of school,and 1st day back to work for me. The kids are excited- me, not so much... the whole fall/winter routine is going to get more and more hectic leading up to Christmas. I'm stressed thinking about all the papers/notes /blahblahblah they send home from school everyday, not to mention the homework, and I hope this year I can stay on top of it. Bobby's going into Grade 6 this year, so I'll have a lot to do for 'grad' stuff, and checking out high schools for next year. Yeah, in good old Quebec, high school starts in Grade 7, much to my horror... I've actually thought about moving to a different province, just so I don't have to deal with that until a more normal age, like 16-ish? He just seems WAY too young for that right now. Alot can change in a year though, right? Ack!



So far today, I've baked a peach-blueberry pie, did some laundry, labelled the back-to school stuff, and have supper planned. That's enough labour, don't you think? We're off to the pool for the last outdoor swim of the season, and then it's early bedtime for the whole family. I have no idea how I'm going to get up at 6:30am tomorrow!!



leaving you with my latest layout... I figured my older guy deserved a page, I didn't realize it, but I've been scrapping the young one way more than him lately. I loooove this photo of him, took it in Maine on the beach, and it's so him.

Happy Labour Day.. enjoy the last breath of summer!


16 comments:

Cheryl September 1, 2008 at 3:11 PM  

I think that is my all-time favourite layout of yours! BEAUTIFUL!

(ps don't move to Kelowna - middle school/jr. high starts in grade 7 too!)

Candice September 1, 2008 at 3:56 PM  

Coolest page ever!! Tagged ya on my blog-

melissa deakin September 1, 2008 at 4:36 PM  

this is such a incredible layout mel. my jaw is on the ground.
i love that photo and i love how you did the title.
(is the 'tween' a font and what about that little heart?...love it!). i cannot believe how grown up bobby looks. sigh.
i am struggling with back to school too. i have to get up at 6:00! ugghh! sean's bus arrives at 7:00!
check out my blog for a little something!
we will talk in the next week or two.
miss you!

peg manrique September 1, 2008 at 7:22 PM  

yup, my jaw's on the floor too....holy wow! this definitely is my all-time fave of yours. you are just SO good!! good luck w/the school & waking up early. we started last week & it was brutal :P

Belinda Venables September 1, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

The warm weather is just about to start for us here in Aus. - Can't wait!

LOVE your latest layout - the clean lines are stunning and that photo is so crisp and clear - love it all!

Belinda
xx

Anonymous,  September 1, 2008 at 9:35 PM  

Well, I was just about to write a similar post on my blog... except I didn't have the summer off. :P

Good luck with back-to-school tomorrow. My kids start tomorrow as well. It'll be nice for them to get back into their routine.

And yes, I'm with the others. I LOVE love LOVE this page. Great title work. Great border. Great colour combo. Great job getting the journalling to look good on the lined paper. Wow!

Anonymous,  September 1, 2008 at 9:49 PM  

I love this layout, and that photo is awesome. I agree with a few of the others, this is probably one of my faves. I love your style!

Crystal September 1, 2008 at 11:21 PM  

That. is. a. gorgeous. layout!!! The fancy border and the buttons are perfect with the photo and the journalling placement. You are so inspiring :))

Heather M. September 2, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

LOVE that layout so much, Mel! It is GORGEOUS! WOW!

Hope your day is going okay - early morning and all! I'm not looking forward to those days!

Anonymous,  September 2, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

I never realized that your two boys are the same ages as my daughters #2 and #3.
I know both my girls would have huge crushes on them if you lived in N.Y. :)
-Jody/Winks

Ruth September 2, 2008 at 4:05 PM  

Wonderful page Mel.

I have a 6th grader too and can not believe it will be high school next year :(

Anonymous,  September 3, 2008 at 2:37 AM  

Its funny to hear you talking about fall/winter when her in Aust we are very excited about spring/summer!!
LOVE THAT PAGE!!!
Diane Herman

Anonymous,  September 3, 2008 at 9:45 AM  

love this page.
i do.
the girls started school already and i'm getting used to it :)
now the going back to work part...
i would dread that idea too.
hope you are well!

Anonymous,  September 3, 2008 at 10:20 PM  

Gorgeous layout! Good luck going back to work! Sometimes the routine is good, but the early mornings, not so much! :)

Anonymous,  September 5, 2008 at 12:11 PM  

what a wonderful photo, Mel and i can't believe Bobby is a tween already! nice to see your layouts.

Olga

Crystal September 5, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

Thanks for coming to visit at my blog. I've shared your lovely comments about Silas with Heather and I know there will be lots more pictures to share soon. It's hard to believe that one day in the not too distant future he will be a 'tween like your son!! Now I get to create boy pages - I mean, lift boy page ideas from you :)) Happy Friday!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!