'Almost 8' birthday fun..

 29 August 2008

Noah is a Labour Day baby, which means the poor kid usually has to celebrate his birthday right around the time school starts. It kind of sucks. This year, I got it together with my neighbour to have a combined pool birthday party this week with her son, who happens to be Noah's best friend, and who also has a September birthday. She did loot bags, I did the food, and it was probably the easiest party I've ever thrown. The kids had a blast swimming and playing some fun pool games ( even though it was a tad chilly) and we had the added bonus of built in babysitters with the lifeguards being there to watch them.

A fabulous idea, if I do say so myself! ;p
I'm posting a few photos here, but I'm kind of limited as I don't really want to put pics of other people's kids on the blog, so these will have to do.


The birthday boy, floating with a friend.



Noah adores the outdoor shower. It's probably one of his favorite things about the pool. ;p


We played 'bobbing for apples', the pool version.



The cake. I used to be a great cake baker, but over the years, I've slacked on doing the Martha thing, and it shows!


a sweet handmade card from best friend's 4 year old sister. Awwww.

Lots of Bionicles were acquired, which made this almost 8 year old pretty darned happy. :)
Have a safe and wonderful Labour Day weekend. We're probably not going to be doing much 'labouring' except for a bit of much needed yard work, and hopefully just hanging out in the hammock and enjoying the last few hours of summer vacation. How did it go by so fast?

11 comments:

peg manrique August 29, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

gotta love those easy parties ;) looks like a blast. happy birthday noah!!

Anonymous,  August 29, 2008 at 1:56 PM  

Happy early birthday Noah!!! Morgane is an early September baby too (5th). We usually invite last year's school friends to her party. So far so good. :)

Have a great long weekend!

Séverine August 30, 2008 at 5:49 AM  

Happy birthday Noah!
J'adore ces photos et on dirait bien que les BIONICLES font la joie de tous les petits garçons! :)

Anonymous,  August 30, 2008 at 9:30 AM  

Ah les BIONICLES !!!!!!!!!!!

Bonne fête à Noah !!! Déjà 8 ans ! Le temps file vite ! Je trouve excellente ton idée de célébration de l'anniversaire de Noah ! Simplement fabuleux ! Beaucoup de plaisir avec un minimum d'organisation des mamans ! Moi non plus je n'ai plus le temps ni l'envie de faire la Martha Stewart ! Tes photos sont super belles !

Danielle

Anonymous,  August 30, 2008 at 11:18 AM  

Such fabulous photos, Mel! I'm glad everyone had a great time... and that it was easy for the moms too! :)

Anonymous,  August 30, 2008 at 7:10 PM  

Oh I can't WAIT to see that second photo scrapped - and that birthday cake - love the teal colour!! As soon as I say that second photo I thought of the Bazzill colour 'rain' - I'm always thinking in therms of cardstock!! Your photos are beautiful, and I was very happy to come visit our blog again - sorry to be so 'unvisiting', my computer time just seems too minimal these days...
Nicole S

Anonymous,  August 30, 2008 at 7:17 PM  

Sorry - probably should have actually READ through that last comment before I posted it to check for serious typos! I do the same with scrapbooking journaling...note to self: READ THROUGH FIRST!!!!
Nicole

Cheryl August 31, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

Fun fun photos Mel! Bionicles are still a big big hit in our house too :)

Anonymous,  August 31, 2008 at 4:23 PM  

Happy Birthday NOAH!

by the way, I just love that photo in your banner - so so cool!

Candice September 1, 2008 at 2:31 PM  

Okay, the combined party idea is awesome. All of the photos are amazing, but that second one down is the cutest thing ever! Happy Bday Noah!

Candice September 1, 2008 at 2:32 PM  

p.s. LOVE your new blog banner!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!